VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was mentioned on the News (which I rarely see these days) tonight; they make such a big friggin' deal out of, like it's such a great thing. Every person injured or killed in this sick event is getting what they deserve.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Call them or write a letter. People do this all the time for other reasons -- many of which I often find annoying -- why shouldn't we do the same?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I spent 3 months in Pamplona, living right smack dab in the middle of the route that the bulls take during the run. Everyone was like, "Oh, it's too bad you won't be here to see it." Nah.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Im so for the bulls !

I hope they kick asss !

man spain really seems to hate the bulls !

I read about this one thing were they bring out baby bulls and let the aduience ( INCLUDING CHILDREN) stap the baby to death !

HOW IS THIS NOT ILLEGAL !

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by *sprout*

HOW IS THIS NOT ILLEGAL !
It seems that when a city has been sponsoring an event for an extended time it sees itself as being morally exempt from the act on the basis of its longevity.

This was the first year in recent times in which New Orleans decided to measure "the success" of Mardi Gras in ways other than, literally, tons of trash collected. I suppose that all things can change if the Big Easy can get around to doing anything, ha!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
from CNN

"On Saturday, a dozen or so activists from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals tried to stage a nude protest run along the route carrying placards with slogans in different languages that read, "Stop the Bloody Bullfight."

Police prevented them from carrying out the protest. "

-------------------------

Ironic how police and people are up in arms and outraged over naked humans running , yet they don't mind making an animal do something which it doesn't want to do which can result in injury.

Then later kill the animals with knives and swords.

What a F#&%ed up bunch

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw quick news coverage of the running and I was mortified. The bulls are forced to run on pavement which is VERY slippery for them. The bulls kept falling down and it didn't look pleasant. I saw one fall and it didn't get up before the coverage was over. It was disturbing. Does anyone know if any bulls ever get hurt or killed?

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe the Bulls always end up as steak after the event; any not killed during the run are killed after they arrive at their destination.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Every person injured or killed in this sick event is getting what they deserve.
Quote:
An Australian person got injured. It was great watching him get injured on the news
Its amazing how you peole can sit back and ***** about bulls being mistreated but applaud or hope for a fellow human being getting hurt.

talk about being hypocritical

1 - 20 of 24 Posts