VeggieBoards banner

Has your pill lowered your libido

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

• I hadn't made the connection but now you mention it...

• Not at all

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I used to have a relatively small period and no cramps at all before I went on the pill, so I'm hoping it goes back to that.

I think I'll try your charting method, Bstutzma. It would be interesting to know a bit more about what's happening with my body. I know you guys are probably all going to jump on me for this but I've decided to just use condoms, and keep certain body parts seperate during foreplay. I know there's a risk of pregnancy but my fiance and I have talked about it and have agreed to take the risk. It wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen now anyway - not like when I was a teenager. We're secure in our relationship and finances so I'm happy with the decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My doctor recently convinced me to stop taking the pill, just the idea of how it messes with hormones is daunting. I'm going for a diapharm next week. I never noticed a change in libido, but medications can cause different reactions in different people.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I'm about 2 weeks in. Interesting libido results so far. I've only been having sex at the weekends for a long time now and I thought that going off the pill would mean some during the week action - not so. I guess the fact that I'm not on the pill anymore doesn't much change the fact that I'm generally more tired and stressed during the week. However, my libido does seem to have increased during the weekend, when I'm more relaxed. The last two weekends have been pretty good. Weird huh?

I think the whole weekday thing might also be related to the fact that I don't see my fiance all day and then there's dinner and TV. I'm a very routine oriented person.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
You could try a non-hormonal birth control if you're comfortable with it, like the Paragard IUD.

If either of you are feeling a little scared that the condom might break, or that there might be an accidental pregnancy, the nerves/stress of that can influence your libido as well. Even subconsciously.

Or, you could try other bc methods. Just because you had a reaction to the pill doesn't mean you'll have the same reaction with the shot/ring/patch.

Break up the routine, girl. Getchu some.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well here's something I didn't expect. My period is really late, like 10 days. Now I know you're all going to say that I'm pregnant which would of course confirm the whole 'use two forms of contraceptions thing', but I'm not pregnant, I peed on the stick and it says no. Does anyone think it's possible that it happened but was so light that I missed it? I just can't imagine that. Has anyone who has come of the pill noticed anything weird like this? I'm going to go to the doctor sometime soon to ask about it and to confirm the results of the pregnancy test.

The pill messed with my sex life but it sure kept my periods regular, I'll give it that.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Messed up periods are pretty common for the first 2-3 months after taking a bcp. I wouldn't worry too much, but would take another pg test in a few days.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Make sure you are getting enough calories and fat in your diet, that will help regularize your periods (and make sure you weigh enough.) Also, make sure you pee on the stick when you first wake up, when urine is most concentrated. When I came off the pill my period was 4 days late, but I expected it would be. I got pregnant very easily thereafter, so make sure you use good birth control methods in place of the pill if you do not want to make a baby ;-)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts