VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, so it is not my vegetarianism that I have lost my inspiration for really (although i suppose more of that would help my situation too).

Up until about a year ago I was eating very well (partially thanks to the great ideas and inspirations on this site). I lost about 20 lbs. over the year eating this way, and felt SO much better (that was the best part actually, as I'm not particularly overweight).

However in the past year some changes have been made to my life, such as moving out of my parents house and into an apartment with my boyfriend.

This should be no excuse, however I have been eating more and more fast food and junk (chips, chocolate, etc.) over the past year. I have gained 10 of my 20 lbs. back, and feel a lot less energetic.

And it needs to stop.

How do i get my inspiration back for eating healthy again and feeling good?

I have all the recipes and stuff i need... i just don't seem to have the drive any more.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I went through the exact same thing when I moved out, went to college, and moved in an apartment with my fiance. I ate fast food like 3 times a week last year, and if it weren't for me working out regularly, I bet I would've gained 10-20 lbs!

Veg*nism became my route to get healthy (even though that's not why I went veggie), but I found motivation in other things, too. These ideas may sound silly, but they worked for me and helped me start good eating habits and get back into shape:

- wanting a healthy heart, more energy, better mood, etc... (think of all the positive things that came out of you losing the 20 lbs and how much better you felt.)

- picking out a favorite outfit or bikini or something fun to reward yourself (either for losing weight or eating healthier)

- finding a buddy that will support you along the way, and even better - join the adventure with you

I will come back and add ideas if I think of any more. I wish you the best of luck!

P.S. You should join the Calling all Hamsters thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I read this article about how when you move in with your male significant other, women usually gain weight because they start adopting the man's eating habits.

1. Tell your guy you only want to eat at a restaurant once a week because of budget reasons. Whether it's true or not you'll end up saving money. Since it's only once a week, you'll always feel more compelled to go to a higher quality restaurant then a fast food place. There you'll be able to get some better options.

2. If your guy wants to eat junk food, make him hide it. I make my husband hide his poptarts, I told him if he didn't hide them, I would eat them all. One day I did find them and ate them all... I'm sort of compulsive like that! He hides them really well now.

Well, it works for me. I hope these couple of suggetions help you. Also, try and imagine how bad for you those foods are. I have a picture of me on my fridge at my highest weight. it's a reminder of what can happen.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Try talking to the guy mutually. You don't have to "trick" every guy in order to get them to cooperate with your adopting healthy habits. (Sorry. I just hate that "We're on a buget." 3 months later: "Well, I wanted to lose weight.")

Back to topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_I View Post

I read this article about how when you move in with your male significant other, women usually gain weight because they start adopting the man's eating habits.

1. Tell your guy you only want to eat at a restaurant once a week because of budget reasons. Whether it's true or not you'll end up saving money. Since it's only once a week, you'll always feel more compelled to go to a higher quality restaurant then a fast food place. There you'll be able to get some better options.

2. If your guy wants to eat junk food, make him hide it. I make my husband hide his poptarts, I told him if he didn't hide them, I would eat them all. One day I did find them and ate them all... I'm sort of compulsive like that! He hides them really well now.

Well, it works for me. I hope these couple of suggetions help you. Also, try and imagine how bad for you those foods are. I have a picture of me on my fridge at my highest weight. it's a reminder of what can happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.