VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've slowly been decreasing my intake of dairy and eggs, and I've decided that tomorrow, I'm totally cutting them out! Yay me! Slow steps to veganism, hopefully. Today I was drinking a Fuze drink (really yummy!) and I looked on the label and it had skim milk in it. Kinda nasty... it didn't even taste or feel milky, but it was the 2nd biggest ingredient... Are there any more common foods that are hiding dairy or eggs? If so, let me know! Root me on guys!
<-- mmm... mom bought bananas today... possibly my favorite fruit next to oranges. I loooove oranges!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

Go cowgirl! It's your birthday! Go cowgirl!

<<suddenly remembers that she's a 30-something white girl in England

<<lays down bets with the other mods on who I'll piss off first with my un pc-ness

But, I digress...

Be sure to read labels. As you're discovering already, dairy ingredients hide all over the place. Whey is one that I find used often, in particular.

Congratulations on making the switch. Baby steps are good...they get you there just fine.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
good luck & congratulations

I'm afraid, like Jen said, that diary ingredients hide in all sorts of stuff and the only way to be sure is to read ingredients.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Congratulations!!! That's awesome, good luck!
Be sure to label read almost everything for a while, I've mostly found eggs and dairy in many soy products, canned vegetarian soups and what bothered me most (for some strange reason) is nutri-grain bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts