VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything in my fridge tends to go bad before i use it up. I'd like a coffe mate type product (powder) that i can use for coffee but have never heard of a vegan version. any ideas???

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Powdered soymilk actually works fairly well, though it's a little on the "bland" side.

I used this recipe a couple times but have a hard time finding the powdered coconut cream (which REALLY "makes" it).

It's available at some Asian Markets or online here: http://www.templeofthai.com/food/con...3020491121.php

1 cup Better Than Milk soymilk powder

1 2-oz packet Chao Thai coconut cream powder

(or another brand, but this is one of the best)

1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (or equivalent dry sweetener)

Mix all ingredients well.

Store in a jar with a good-fitting lid.

Shake well before each use.

Add to HOT coffee, tea, cocoa, etc, to taste.

Also, you can just buy the coconut cream powder and use it, it's reeeeally yummy that way. Either way, it's worth trying.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
yeah I've seen a vegan one online somewhere, but it has hydrogenated oil in it. Not sure if that matters to you, but it does to me!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

yeah I've seen a vegan one online somewhere, but it has hydrogenated oil in it. Not sure if that matters to you, but it does to me!
That is probably the vegan essentials one. It is Asian or something and has hydrogenated oil in it.

The Better Than Soymilk that Tofu mentioned also comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors if you can find them. Vanilla might be more 'creamier' than the original flavor.

I tried using coconut cream (liquid) in my coffee once and it didn't blend too well.
I wonder if the powdered works better.

I just use the Silk creamer myself when I have coffee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.