VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow. Holy Toledo Batman. veganinohio is going to be veganinafrica

Good for you. I've never been to Africa, but I do watch alot of educational TV if that's anything. Standard advice: Don't drink the water. Get some good bug repellant. Watch where you walk..elephant dung is hard to get off your shoes. Seriously, check out with your doctor if there's any diseases you may want to get vaccinated for (although I know some folks are against vaccination). Also, try and learn what's acceptable in the culture so's not to inadvertently offend anyone simply by not knowing what's customary. Oh, and take lots of pictures so we can check out your summer when you get back and log on to tell us all about it.

Oh, one more thing. Be careful, travel safely, and return happy

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've been to Morocco. The thing to remember there is to completely ignore people who try to sell you anything on the street. Whatever you do, dont show it if they intimidate you...this leads to them surrounding you til you give them money.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
whereabouts in Africa? i have no advice for you aside from what Ruthie already said, i'm just curious. my aunt went to Nepal once, brought us back a spork. seriously

eta: i know Nepal's probably not in Africa (India i think? i don't remember!!) just that's the closest anyone in my family's come to going there. she did tell us never to use a Neon to do a lot of driving over dirt and harsh terrain though, the thing fell apart after 3 days out there. oh well

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
yeah--definitely do not people intimidate you on the streets. if you are looking to purchase something NEVER pay what they ask--it is all about haggling and if you do, you can really get some good deals. just be firm--though they still amy chase you to convince you to buy their wares!!!!!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
What part of Africa? I've never been, but I have friends who have & I might be able to wheedle helpful tips from them. I actually have a whole bunch of friends going to Africa this summer & I know they're well researched, as well.

Be safe

Mskedi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts