VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love having long hair but sometimes......

When after washing it it takes soooo long to dry; or if it gets wet for other reasons. Then if I DO cut it and grow it back there's that point at which it will stick right into my eyes. And if I am around smokers a little too much it stinks of cigarette smoke.

Also, in one particular scenario it gets in my face a lot.

But ultimately it's worth it; I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I keep my hair longer in the back, but trimmed up and layered on top and in my face area. Cut around the ears too. Often in the Summer, I am wearing it in a pony tail, to keep it off my neck. We have had 3 straight days of 100+ heat... it helps tons.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm one of the few women that I know who sport a super short 'do. I love it. It is really, really short and I dye it platinum. That's why I used to be compared to Brigitte Nelson. I've grown my hair out a bunch, but I love it short, and so does my husband. Every time I grow it for a long period and then cut it short like this, he is so happy. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I want to have short hair, but I am scared it would look funny on me. I admit, I have a larger frame and a fuller face. I hope one day to be able to get the guts to cut it short.

equi, do you have a pic of your doo?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Argh yes, Long hair. I made the mistake of cutting mine because I thought it would be easier and I was sick of the madness!!!

But now I regret it because I'm stuck with a horrible inbetween haircut. *sobs*

Long live long hair!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Don't cut it!! Ever, hair is sooooooo pretty. Long hair is the best
I have had short hair and hated it, just plain hated it. And I was happier with every inch it grew. I like fresh cut hair because it falls nÃ_cer, but it HAS to be long. My hair is about half way down my back and I'm planning on letting it reach my butt or so, and then I'll keep it at the length. We have had a family friend who had such long hair that she got headaches from it. I think that's horrible
But my hair is thin and light so I don't have problems with that

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
heh, funny you posted this. i dont have much hair now (maybe 3 inches?) but even that annoys the heck out of me. i'm about to get a buzz cut cuz i want to be able to just wake up and not care about it. i was actually going to do that today but apparently i have no money heh. but soon.

besides, i'm sure some of you know how annoying it is to ride your bike and have your hair straight up! argh hehe.

but if you like your hair, definitely keep it kurm. i bet you get a lot of females tangled up in it

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by stonecrest

i dont have much hair now (maybe 3 inches?) but even that annoys the heck out of me. i'm about to get a buzz cut cuz i want to be able to just wake up and not care about it.
Mine is about 20 inches and I just wake up and don't care about it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mmm... long haired guys

But yeah having medium hair (mines not long... can't be its too uncontrolable... Actually it rather looks sort of like the photo Kurm has in his avatar... but diff colour... If I don't put any product in it)

Anyway... It does do all those things you described!

Just the price you have to pay for beauty

Danny

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have very long, very thick hair. I love it. I love long (as long as it will grow) hair on women AND men

Here are my woes:

I use only animal free, never animal tested shampoo & conditioner....AND I HAVE TO USE LOTS OF IT!!! I'm always running out.

I have to wash my hair everyday, otherwise, it is WILD

Wind.

Long hairs everywhere.

Too heavy to put in pony tail or cute clips

It is a pain when I do yoga.

Too thick to braid.

I'm always getting it caught in my Jeep window and door

There is more....but I wouldn't cut it for anything... I just love long hair

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have long hair, butt length or so, but it's quite thin, and very straight, so it's easy to manage, I can braid it or put it in a ponytail or coiled up.

Yeah, windy days is a problem, somehow I always accidentaly chose the days with the most turbulent weather to let my air hang loose. And just yesterday as I was about to get up from my bus seat I somehow managed to get my hair caught up in the armrest, so that my head got jerked back. Argh.

And I can't ever ever sleep with my hair loose. No way. It'd be a mess when I'd wake up.

Still, I'm not going to cut it anytime soon. I like it this way.

I think it's funny when kids point at me and loudly tell their companion that I do have very long hair.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had young kids ride by me on their bikes and point and yell "you're a girl!". Just because I have long hair?
And guys in cars have yelled "get a hair cut, mate".

They should all just leave me alone.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts