VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Vegnews London is getting it's first Vegan Bakery:

Quote:
Ms. Cupcake, maker of 100-percent vegan treats, will open its first storefront in London this Friday.
By Anna Peraino
Londons first vegan bakeshop will open this week. Originally found at vegan shops and markets around London, Ms. Cupcake is opening its first storefront in Brixton, London on April 1, offering cruelty-free cakes, brownies, and cookies. In addition, Ms. Cupcake offers 70 different cupcakes in flavors such as mojito, butterscotch fudge, and strawberry and pink Champagne. Gluten-free versions of Ms. Cupcakes treats are also available, and the bakery is currently developing a low-sugar line of products.
London's First Vegan Cake Shop

And here is a link to the bakery: Ms Cupcake

Attachment 15005
LL

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
They had a stall at the Brighton vegan fayre. I bought 4 cupcakes, the 3 I had were lovely (peanut butter, turkish delight and watermelon - although i was allergic to the watermelon one so wouldnt get that again haha), and my sister said the blueberry cheesecake was the nicest cupcake she's ever had. Shame Brixton is a bit out of the way (I never go there). I might have to make a special trip soon.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I sort of assumed this existed in London already. I know there are plenty of squats where you can get all vegan fooood. Nice to see the rest of society catching up :p

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I had one of their cakes in brighton as well. To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed; there was way too much icing to cake, and the icing was quite hard... the actual cake was ok, but I've made better in my own kitchen, and it didn't cost me £2.

That being said, they had these choc chip cookies that were to die for. Might be worth a visit if I can get one of those.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Next time I'm in London maybe I'll make a trip! Exciting, it might be a while before I get there - but eventually I will

Ahh I miss London
lots of great places to eat, wholefoods, all the free really good museums... and now a vegan cake shop!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

I had one of their cakes in brighton as well. To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed; there was way too much icing to cake, and the icing was quite hard... the actual cake was ok, but I've made better in my own kitchen, and it didn't cost me £2.
I really liked the massive amounts of icing. I can make a cupcake in my kitchen, but no waaaaayyy could I get the icing like that! you shouldve seen my buttercream the other week, oh dear. mine werent hard, but did get squished on the way home (several times) so that couldve softened it a bit hehe.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
OMG I've seen a stall of their's in my town! And have not really taken any notice of it before. But now I will.
Exciting.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I love Ms Cupcake! Was just at the stall outside the shop last Saturday, can't wait to see it finished!

I love a ton of icing, especially the sugar mania that follows

So fricking lush! A million times better than the ones in Wholefoods too.

Brixton is so much more convenient for me than Greenwich or Brick Lane, I am going to get so poor and fat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts