VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i joined the vegweb boards for the first time a few weeks back, spent a few days writting out an introduction. and then a week later it closes up!

so here it goes again.

my name is christian, i'm 24. been a vegan for 2+ years. i chose a vegan diet intially because i was interested in the health aspects of it. i also was at a point of making decisions for myself. realizing i never really decided what foods i wanted to eat, but just took eating for granted, eating see food.

i had allways fancied a vegetarian diet, but at a certain point a few years back it just made sense right then to try it out for real! in the begining i was unsure if i would stay veggie, or go vegan. i decided on trying out a vegan diet as it seemed more challenging. i gave myself 3 months of preparation and research before i eliminated the obvious stuffs. and in the 2 years since being a vegan i have replaced things as i have learned increasingly more.

i like to read. i got hooked on sci fi and fantasy in a remedial english class i was taking at night in order to graduate high school. the book that did it was phillip pullmans "a golden compass", the experience was almost magical and i am very gratefull for the experience of learning to enjoy reading from there. since then i have taken to reading a broader range of literature. right now i'm reading 3 or 4 things. the first would be the encyclopedia of demonology and witchcraft. this was just a chance find at the thrift store i work at. its quite interesting, has nothing to do with what would be considered real witchcraft. but only the bogus persecution of said things. it is kinda scarry. there was a point where the human race could have consumed its entire self, no one was safe. i have a slight interest in wiccanism and the astrologies, it should be said.

i like to lounge around burning frankincense resin in the dark, listening to music, and drinking tea (mostly green tea, big yerba matte fan, just getting into loose leaf varieties and herbal mixes). i'm listening to coldcuts cold-cut-outs cd i just picked up right now. its full of tons of old school sampling and has a very hip hop feel. i tend to drift toward electronic stuffs, and what would be considered experimental. though i am by no means limited to this. free jazz is a little bit to wanky for my tastes. hannah john taylor is cool though, he even lives in madison! autechre, fennesz, phoenecia, electric company. all groups i enjoy listening.

if you saw me around town, you would probably spot me wipping out a big hunk of plastic that is too big to be a palm device, and writting all over it. this is my beloved apple newton messagepad 120. before picking one up a year ago i kept a "fat pad" and journaled a lot in it. now i journal in my newton, as well as keep a healthy amount of resources at my fingertips. it keeps my schedule and is a wonderfull tool that helps me be more productive.

ok. so that was a bit long winded. i am a nice and easy going person for the most part...maybe a bit introverted in real life...but working on becoming. a more pleasant and socialble being.

best.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you enjoy your stay. I also hope you didn't bring the bad luck of closing down this board with you.

Welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts