VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Chinese are at animal cruelty again. This article comes from Global Times Huanqiu Newspaper:

"As live fish and turtles sealed in small key rings have become an increasingly popular trinkets sold at subway entrances and train stations, animal protection groups are advocating an immediate ban, calling the item an example of "pure animal abuse."

However, there is no existing animal protection law that would prevent their sales, explain animal rights groups.
"
http://en.huanqiu.com/beijing/societ...03/634155.html

Seriously, IF you want a turtle- or fish-shaped keyring, use plastic, metal or wood, for f***'s sake!

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Disgusting.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That makes me very mad and sad all at the same time.
I'm going to start packaging human babies in plastic bags and sell them on the side of the road and then maybe people will change their mind. Those poor turtles and fish. Knowing me I'd probably buy one and set it free or take it home a give it lovings.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Human greed produces these kinds of things. Human ignorance buys into it. I don't know why people don't realize they are fueling cruelty. I'm sure that 100% of these animals will end up dead from starvation or suffocation. I hope they grow attached to the little creature so that it breaks their heart and they realize that they are responsible for killing it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice. Fancy spending your whole life swimming in about 50mls of your own excrement in someone's pocket. Really classy.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Human greed produces these kinds of things. Human ignorance buys into it. I don't know why people don't realize they are fueling cruelty. I'm sure that 100% of these animals will end up dead from starvation or suffocation. I hope they grow attached to the little creature so that it breaks their heart and they realize that they are responsible for killing it.
Unfortunately, to people that buy these types of things, animals are just commodities. They'll "just buy a new one".

This is just so sad

·
Registered
201 Posts
that is so appalling! I'm amazed at how cruel people are. I mean, what kind of idiot even thinks of something like that! whats wrong with a plastic fish or turtle in a little plastic baggie.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

whats wrong with a plastic fish or turtle in a little plastic baggie.
I know, right? They could use that stuff that grows in water, so people could watch their "animal" grow and not die.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would buy the whole case just so I can free them! I cannot stand seeing animals being used and confined in this way!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Buying the animals to free them would only support the market and doom even more animals.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Better to "steal" them them and free them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts