VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this week's Woman's World, they had a two-page spread on animal print fashions. Whenever I see those kinds of articles, I check to see if there's any real fur being advertised. But even if there isn't, I always feel uncomfortable that the magazine is promoting the idea of wearing animal skins.

However, in this article, they placed a large, prominent sidebar on the page. It had a reminder to keep your fur fake, and then it had a list of other ways to support animals. It included donating laundry detergent to animal shelters, a WWF fundraiser, and sponsoring a wild animal at the National Zoo (which, of course, isn't a way to support animal rights at all, but at least they're trying...)

It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm going to send them a letter thanking them for thinking of the animals and suggesting some better ways their readers can support AR. Little things can make a huge difference.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
That's cool.

I don't have an issue with animal prints. A cow chased my cousin once, and it became a long-running joke with us to where I ended up buying cow-print seat covers for my old car.

I also wore a leopard-print halter dress to a school dance back in my senior year.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I love animal prints.

Well, cow print anyway.

In the UK, the press is still (I say still, because I'm noticing a trend away from this viewpoint) anti-fur, generally speaking. So whenever a fashion article reminds people to "keep it fake" I smile.

(It's still perfectly politically correct for them to advertise leather, but I that's an issue for a different thread)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.