VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Last night at dinner my family had venison burgers. I was eating my own food at the table with them since when we can we eat together. I had no intentions of reminding them of gruesome nature of their food, but one of my sisters told me she didn't want me to tell the 6 year olds that it was deer meat, not cow meat. I wasn't planning to tell them, but I just asked her, "Why don't you want them to know?" My mom said something about if they thought about what they were eating, then they probably wouldn't be eating it. I knew better than to push the issue far, so I just asked "So you can only eat what you intentionally don't think about?" Hopefully this'll help them to start thinking.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
RSJ,

They have tended to eat less meat since I've been a vegetarian, but it still comes up sometimes. My six year old sisters sometimes still think I am incapable of eating meat, not realizing that it's a choice I made.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Would that explain why the six year olds sometimes make a point not to sit beside me? I emanate vibes that make them feel guilty?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Someday I hope there's a word that everyone knows and cannot deny that refers to the flesh of all animals including poultry and sea animals PLUS the cow flesh, pig flesh, etc. Seems like "meat" is misunderstood by so many people.

That post sounded disjointed. I should just go to bed now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts