VeggieBoards banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QiTian View Post

I just made this delicious soup last night to use up a big bit of cabbage in my fridge - I love that you can use up anything you want to in the fridge just by making up a big batch of soup!

http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...away-soup.html
1. That looks really yummy and 2. That mug is awesome.

Sinus Cleaner Soup:
6 cups broth or water, depending
broccoli
cauliflower
black beans
red beans
onion
garlic
jalapeno pepper
tobasco
fire eaters pepper
salsa
pepper
cumin
curry powder
paprika
cinnamon
mustard powder
Pour everything into a 8 cup crockpot, and heat up. Add cinnamon at the end, when no one is looking.

NOTE: Not everyone has an 8 cup crockpot, please add or subtract to fit your crockpot. Also, I just simply used what was on hand. Do not feel like you have to make a special trip to the store just to get an ingredient listed here.

LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

So far this week I made split pea soup, vegan broccoli cheese soup and butternut squash carrot quinoa soup. Tomorrow, I am considering a curried tomato and chickpea soup. No recipes, specifically, I have been improvising.
I improvise quite a bit as well. Most of the time the results are very good.

I love potatoes in soup.

I made a nice mushroom soup yesterday, I fried chestnut mushrooms and shallots in a little bit of garlic-infused olive oil and just added vegetable stock, seasoning and soya milk and blended it at the end.

The one I can never get right is tomato soup, it always tastes like pasta sauce to me.

I left my veggie bouillon at my boyfriend's house )= Hopefully I can still manage a soup for dinner, if he is not able to drop it off. I was thinking of roasting some tomatoes and attempting a creamy tomato bisque. Maybe Creamy Tomato Lentil Florentine... all improvised, per usual.

Yeah you can definitely just use herbs and spices to flavor soups and stuff (fresh would be more flavorful than dried though). Bouillon and stock is an easier way to get different flavors (e.g. toss in two cubes, or a couple cups of stock, cook, and done). Lots of them are pretty much just concentrated mixtures of different plants.

I just read the Massell website and it says its stock is vegan friendly even the chicken and beef how is this so? These companies are playing with my mind I tell ya. Ill have to give chucking some herbs and spices in next time instead. Anyone got any ideas of what spices would be good.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.