VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Led Zeppelin fans out there?

There soon will be released the first official live concert video and audio footage of the band since the 70's (May 27 earliest release) . A 2 disk live concert DVD set (5 hours of concert audio and video footage in remastered surround sound!) and the 3 CD live audio (3 hours of remastered surround sound live concert audio!) of Led Zeppelin will be available very shortly. This is a total of about 8 hours of live Led Zeppelin concert recordings from various times from the early 70's to late 70's .

CD set:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

DVD set

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ce&s=dvd&n=130

Small sample (need real player www.real.com )

http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen..._whatis_bb8.rm

Due to the fact that Led Zeppelin had a large degree of improvisation in live performance, it all will be unique (ie, not like regurgitation of studio recordings ) this will be exceedingly awesome to any Led Zeppelin fan
(needless to say).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
" promoting the DVD"

------------

I read that orders of 4 million copies (quadruple platinum have already been demanded by sellers). Amazon.ca has the DVD as ranked number 1 just from pre-orders of the DVD's ... hehe

--------------

"Hope it is as good as Song Remains the Same"

------------

From what Ive read, the Song remains the same was a fairly mediocre performance (even though that seemed damn good to me).

Everything I've read points to this being far better with examples of Led Zeppelin being at their best live

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" the first official live concert video and audio footage of the band since the 70's"

----

Oops, that's not true ... there's the BBC sessions CD's from several years back (how can I forget those)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"dk, i love Zeppelin!"

---------------------------------------------

Woohoo! ... well even though I had pre-ordered on amazon.ca , I decided I couldn't wait a week so I walked to the mall (wanted a bit of exercise too .. 45 minute fast walk to there) and got the double DVD set and the triple CD set. On my way walking back I realized I didn't have my keys!! (I haven't lost my keys in like 9 years!) and so I caught a bus back to the mall to check the store) ...none! When I got back to my apartment the super' let me in and my keys were there under my door
. Like I suspected, I had left them dangling off my mailbox in the lobby (D'OH!) ...lucky my apartment wasn't cleaned out as they were stuck in my apartment #'s mail box ..hehe)

Anyway, so I just watched the 2 DVD's straight (over 5 hours of live stuff) and will have to listen to the live CD's (separate material) tomorrow (as I need a break).

It's truelly amazing (IMHO). These four very musical people meshed so well together that they could go off on tangents improvising and follow each other right along.

I would have liked to have seen some more John Paul Jones organ stuff ... I know there's small clips online with him playing more organ in "No Quarter". Anyways, he was never as much in the spotlight but playing organ and bass (with the feet - pedals- while playing organ) as well as mandolin in the acoustic set and also superb basswork (as usual ... he's a supurb bassist) reveal his importance.

They had some good early footage (even some from 1969 in front of really small crowd's like 100 people in a room ), some mid-70's footage and some from the Knebworth festival in 1979.

It was well worth my otherwise annoying day with the keys to aquire this awesome slew of historical material

You should pick these up slynny

(hard to believe I wasn't even born for another 2 years when some of this stuff was recorded LOL! )

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
dk, I had tickets on order to see their 1980 concert in Chicago. I was a senior in high shcool at the time. It was the concert that was of course cancelled when John Bonham died. I was so sad, I cryed and cryed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts