VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use Tide. I would like to switch to a more earth friendly brand, yet the ones that I have used don't get our clothes as clean as Tide does.

Anyone know of one that will get kid's clothes clean?

Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've been using Sun & Earth for many years now. We've got a lot of kids clothes to wash, and it does a very nice job, IMO. Plus, it's cheaper than other natural detergents and has very minimal ingredients. It also smells nice because it has natural citrus oils in it.

Anyway, here's a link if you're interested: http://www.sunandearth.com/

·
Registered
859 Posts
I use Seventh Generation. I have one toddler and it works pretty good. For whites I put in some exta non-chlorine bleach.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I personally like Lifetree's laundry detergent- you only need 1/8-1/4 cup detergent and it comes in a smaller bottle because of it. It smells wonderful whether you choose the original laundry liquid or the new peach one, and it get clothes reeeally clean - we use it at the preschool for the extra clothing and linens.

I may be a bit biased when it comes to lifetree though since they are a local business.

here is the site:

http://www.goturtle.com/lifetree/lt_homecare.html

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I use Nature Clean. Their product is a vegetable based, low foaming formula derived from corn and palm kernel oil. It is 100% phosphate free and also free of chlorine bleach, dyes, perfumes or optical brighteners. I only use products that are not tested on animals and it took a while to find something good.

They have other product lines too. http://www.franktross.com/

·
Registered
0 Posts
I once read that detergents were developed specifically for cleaning synthetic fibres, and that for natural fibres, soap actually cleans better. Unfortunately, I've never seen actual soap in the laundry aisle at the supermarket or even the healthfood store-even Ivory Snow Flakes is detergent these days. So we tried Dr. Bronners liquid castille soap, which worked well, even for diapers, but was very expensive. Now we use grated bars of castille soap or oilve oit soap. It olny takes a tiny bit and our clothes seem to last longer. They don't smell perfumed at all though. In the summer we make them smell nice by handing them outside, which also keeps down the utility bill.

Brandy

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I use Trader Joe's Next to Godliness..., which I'm fairly sure is Seventh Generation packaged on TJ's private label. I've been pleased with it so far. If I'm washing especially dirty stuff I'll throw in some borax as a booster. I also use bleach for whites and grody cleaning rags.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i love seventh generation products. i am pretty broke and i am still able to afford them...i guess i just don't compromise about those things. the laundry detergent is great and the citrus scent is so subtle and clean. the dish detergent is also excellent and pleasant smelling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks like Seventh Generation is the winner! I use that line also.. I think it is a little pricey but if you don;t use too much of it then it lasts longer. I also love the soft citrusy smell.. better then the harsh soapy scents of Tide and other such brands

1 - 12 of 12 Posts