VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Those of us not on the East Coast can still catch tonight's (Sunday, June 22) "60 Minutes" on CBS. It airs at 7pm in most markets. There is a story on hog farms entitled "Pork Power." Two activists (thanks Judith and Teresa!) have said that though the focus in on the environment and corporate greed, the scathing report includes disturbing footage of living conditions - such as pigs confined in gestation crates.

For those who miss it, there is an extensive write-up on the 60 Minutes website at: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in559478.shtml

Please thank 60 Minutes for the story. Positive feedback will encourage similar coverage.

CBS takes feedback at: http://www.cbsnews.com/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml

Select 60 Minutes from the pulldown menu.

Yours and the animals',

Karen Dawn

www.DawnWatch.com

(DawnWatch is an animal advocacy media watch that looks at animal issues in the media and facilitates one-click responses to the relevant media outlets. You can learn more about it at www.DawnWatch.com. To subscribe to DawnWatch, email [email protected] and tell me you'd like to receive alerts. If at any time you find DawnWatch is not for you, just let me know via email and I'll take you off the subscriber list immediately. If you forward or reprint DawnWatch alerts, please do so unedited, leaving DawnWatch in the title and including this tag line.)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you read the site? It's everything from the broadcast... uh, without the video, of course.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Epski: I really like how you make so many contributions to this board (not sucking up.....honest). I am not good at finding this type of info (and maybe too lazy) - I look forward to your posts at "In the News"

Quote:
(CBS) Tobacco, once the number-one crop in North Carolina, has now been replaced by something that's causing the state an even bigger headache: hogs. Right now in North Carolina there are more pigs than people.
They replaced tobacco with PIGS ????

That doesn't seem logical to me.

Why not replace it with corn, or soybeans, or tea, or any other agricultural crop??

I hope N.Carolina really goes get tagged as the "cesspool of the united states" (bunch of losers).

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dvmarie

Epski: I really like how you make so many contributions to this board (not sucking up.....honest). I am not good at finding this type of info (and maybe too lazy) - I look forward to your posts at "In the News"
I'm glad to hear it. I was beginning to think I was wasting my time, because I never see any responses in here. It seems only my more hot-button non-vegan news posts (Roe v. Wade) get all the attention.

·
Registered
0 Posts
epski,

I read most of the posts in this forum, so don't be discouraged! I just usually don't make many comments on them because a lot of them leave me speechless. Please keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Same here - I read almost all of them, but don't always reply.

They get forwarded to a lot of people by me via email (some who care - others who I force to care!!)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I read everything posted, plus a lot of other stuff (like Dawnwatch, etc.). I love to post, but I have been swamped lately and exhausted - this is the first year that my 5 year old has a full schedule, whoa, it is something - and my business has been taking up a lot of my time. Keep posting them, epski, we read 'em!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's amazing how evil this all is on so many levels (animal rights, environment, human comfort, human health racismin ... .etc) ..... man, when I read stuff like this I see humans as being so far from being civilized it's not even funny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts