VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Disappointed?? I loved the film! Night Shyamalan is one of my favourite directors. I found Lady in the Water to be a lovely film, brimming with symbolism, and with excellent performances. What didn't you like about it?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Where was the twist?!

I didnt like it.

The evil beastie did scare the crap out of me at one point (when it came through the glass door) but i didnt like the film.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It was an ok movie, but I thought it lack what all of Night Shyamalan's other movies had. There was no big plot twist or anything that really made it seem like one of his movies.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I read in an interview that he didn't want to follow the "twist" formula. People started expecting it.

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. It's a bedtime story that he made up for his kids, then turned into a film. It sounds really beautiful and just the kind of thing I like.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was very boring, didnt need a twist..just SOMETHING to happen..the camera work was even bad..the previews seemed to make me think this would be atleast a bit scary..

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
After The Village, I couldn't bear to waste another $8.50 on one of his movies. I am waiting until it comes out on DVD so I can only waste $4.50.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I loved The Village. It probably helped it was the first Shyamalan film I saw. Then I watched The Sixth Sense, which I loved as much as The Village. I hated Signs, but I'm looking forward to seeing Lady in the Water one of these days.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I thought the idea was great (people actually living out a fairy tale), but the execution of it was incredibly poor and ridiculous. You know how five-year-olds tell a story? Very imaginative, but one thing just leads to another without rhyme or reason and they just throw something new in for the heck of it without any logical connection and characters react to situations in completely random ways? Well, while it's precious when a 5-year-old does it, it's maddening when an experienced writer/director with a big budget from a movie company does it and then expects us to pay to see it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eggplant, I noticed that too. And the end seemed rush..liked when a child wants to get to the end and move on with life so its almost like "ya and then they lived happily ever after ok bye" if that makes sence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.