VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll nail my colours to the mast straight away - I am a HUGE zombie fan and have been for around 20 years.

Recently, there have been a glut of poor zombie films, but a while ago, a French film called "La Horde" was released and is, to my mind, the best zombie film since the late 1970's.

Anyone else had the chance to see it yet?

Any other zombie film fans here?

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Sorry Grubnutter, NOT a fan of Zombie films at all.

Big fan of the Zombies mod in the game 'Call of Duty: Black-Ops' though!

Kinda like a zombie movie on TV except that you have to kick the zombie-butt yourself

(Heh, a smiley with a Dragunov! Can't make out if it is one that has been 'pack-a-punched or not.)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I haven't heard of it, but my husband and I really enjoy these types of movies... We'll have to check it out, THANKS!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I haven't heard of it, but my husband and I really enjoy these types of movies... We'll have to check it out, THANKS!
Here's a little teaser. After a bit of a mix up, the woman you are about to see is split from the group. Here is how she takes care of herself when confronted with one of the undead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEYSW4uBQo

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I've been meaning to watch it. I've heard amazing reviews. I'm a huge zombie-phile myself. I just got home from a rehearsal for a short zombie film I'm helping out on...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Showed it to bf. He wants to see it now. Horror movie lovers is what we are.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I've been meaning to watch it. I've heard amazing reviews. I'm a huge zombie-phile myself. I just got home from a rehearsal for a short zombie film I'm helping out on...
Oooo! Tell me more!

SuicideBlonde: I'm sure you'll love it. I'm almost always disappointed with new zombie films, but this one made me sit up and go, "Oooo, yeah, that's MUCH better!"

·
Registered
315 Posts
La Horde was pretty good. Fast paced and action packed. May i suggest Rammbock (Different and not as good as La Horde but still a good effort).

We should revive the horror movie threads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinoberserker View Post

La Horde was pretty good. Fast paced and action packed. May i suggest Rammbock (Different and not as good as La Horde but still a good effort).

We should revive the horror movie threads.
I'm assuming that it's a German film. Like, "Siege Of The Dead"?

I adore zombie films. Can't stand some of the new ones that are, frankly, sh!t, but occasionally something pops up and you take notice>

Horror films rock. Do we all agree that Jason is the best baddie ever? Perhaps that's for another thread....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
La Horde received a 38% at Rotten Tomatoes. By comparison, Dawn of the Dead received a 74%. The original, 94%. That doesn't necessarily mean La Horde is going to suck, but don't be surprised if it does. Also, one of the lowest rated movies that I thoroughly enjoy, is Boondock Saints (19%).

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Saw it the other night on the suggestion, awesome!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

La Horde received a 38% at Rotten Tomatoes. By comparison, Dawn of the Dead received a 74%. The original, 94%. That doesn't necessarily mean La Horde is going to suck, but don't be surprised if it does. Also, one of the lowest rated movies that I thoroughly enjoy, is Boondock Saints (19%).
Boondock saints was great (never mind the critics).

@Grubnutter Rammbock is a german movie that i think you will like. Its got a little bit of a love story woven into it and overall its ok. May i also suggest the french zombieish movie 'Mutants'. Watched it again a few days ago and its got some great visuals and an overall eerie feeling.

Also the best zombie movie from the last few years IMO would be 'Rec' and not 'La Horde'.

Pinhead is one of the greatest baddies ever. Sure a bit cheesy at times but he's got some great lines. Followed closely by Jason and Freddy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.