VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A NEW WAY TO MOBILIZE FOR KUCINICH...

AND MEET YOUR LIKE-MINDED NEIGHBORS

The Kucinich for President campaign is launching a new effort, urging all volunteers to use the MeetUp website to organize with their friends and neighbors. MeetUp is a website that allows you to plan monthly meetings at restaurants in your city. Planning for the August 7 Kucinich meetings is already underway.

Please go to this site right away to sign up: http://kucinich2004.meetup.com

Voting has already begun on venues at which to hold Kucinich Meetups on August 7 at 7 p.m. Cast your vote right away. There must be at least five votes and, later, five RSVPs for any meetup to take place.

Voting is also underway on the agenda for the meetings. Cast your votes right away.

Meetup Agenda:

http://kucinich2004.meetup.com/agenda

Notebook With Additional Information:

http://kucinich2004.meetup.com/notebook/1877

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: Looks like Ani DiFranco and Michelle Shocked will be touring in support of Kucinich, too!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Remember, get your crying towels now while there is no rush!

All Kuntitch campaign stops will also provide information on how to remove bumper stickers, so that after he loses, all of you won't look silly rolling in your Geo Metros with "Kunt in the Hunt in 04" on your bumpers.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somehow I knew this thread would be a Tame-magnet. I like that sense of dependability.

But, it seems to me that your post is off-topic, Mr. moderator. This thread is for Kucinich supporters.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, but you weren't supporting Kucinich supporters, and this is a support forum.

Hey, you know I appreciate your sense of humor most of the time. But, especially because you're a moderator, I expect you to respect the intent of threads like this a little more. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah Kucinich! I don't care if he doesn't have a peanuts chance in an elephant's cage of winning. Like I've said previously, I'm glad someone is listening. Isn't that what we've been after all along? For someone to listen to the common person. Me. I run into him from time to time and he's always outgoing, but not overbearing. I think he's really personable, and I believe that approachability has alot to do with popularity. If the people can't talk with you, how can you listen? I support him and I'll continue to support him until he gives me reason not to. I don't think that the mere fact that he may not win should not diminish my support.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually put this in the wrong forum, by mistake, so my apologies to Tame for the criticism. I'm seeing about having this moved to Activism, where it belongs.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MsRuthieB

Yeah Kucinich! I don't care if he doesn't have a peanuts chance in an elephant's cage of winning. Like I've said previously, I'm glad someone is listening. Isn't that what we've been after all along? For someone to listen to the common person. Me. I run into him from time to time and he's always outgoing, but not overbearing. I think he's really personable, and I believe that approachability has alot to do with popularity. If the people can't talk with you, how can you listen? I support him and I'll continue to support him until he gives me reason not to. I don't think that the mere fact that he may not win should not diminish my support.
My philosophy is that we should do what we know to be morally correct, even if it isn't practical. Someone told me it sounded like Ghandi, so I'm off to go check out his writings and writings on him. Maybe I'm in the wrong line of work.

The handy thing about Kucinich is that he is Democrat and not independent. If he was independent, that would make the decision a lot uglier, splitting the vote. But if the snowball survived hell, and he went up against Bush as the democratic candidate instead of Dean or Kerry, I'd not only be voting for the morally superior candidate, but also against the current administration.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by epski

Ah, but you weren't supporting Kucinich supporters, and this is a support forum.

Hey, you know I appreciate your sense of humor most of the time. But, especially because you're a moderator, I expect you to respect the intent of threads like this a little more. Thanks.
In the future, if you have a problem, first check where you start your thread. Then, contact me if you think I am out of line. Taking a pot shot at me isn't on the list of preferred strategies. I have some other comments to add, but since I'm a moderator I'll refrain.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, that being resolved, any Angelenos here planning to go to the August 7th MeetUp?

·
Registered
0 Posts
announced that he's supporting Kucinich. Willie is doing a bunch of benefit concerts to help Dennis raise much needed campaign cash. Hippie Power!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Very Cool!

Ani DiFranco was just here last weekend and I missed here

Shiisshh...don't tell BeardedLady. She'll be wagging her finger at me!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm going to be checking this out. There's a MeetUp scheduled for 8/7 at 7:00 pm at Darby's Common Grounds (my favorite 24 hour coffee bar). It's on 17104 Lorain Road, right before Kamm's Corner in case any locals want to join me.

I'll let you know how it is. Who knows? Maybe I'll sign up to be on the MeetUp committee. Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't get to the 8/7 MeetUp due to a scheduling conflict. Hopefully there'll be others soon. I don't know if they're once a month, or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts