VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
705 Posts
I saw this the morning. Don't know what to make of it. Oreos will never be healthy. How can you make Oreos healthy? Kraft is in the business of making junk food. Maybe they could focus on developing and manufacturing healthier foods, but you can't take an oreo and make it good for you. (Reduce it by one gram of fat, they say?... um, OK... it's still made of sugar) I think the portion size thing is a good idea, but the rest sounds just like a PR thing. ("Oh, we'll give the media some info about how we're making our products healthier, and people will immediately start buying more of them! We won't have to do anything!") I don't know. So disillusioned with food companies lately.

· Registered
705 Posts
I am definitely excited about the changes many school districts are making in terms of what they are offering. And eliminating the trans fats from junk foods would make me jump for joy! I'd just rather see kids (and adults) eating more whole foods (me, included...). But as you said, nothing will happen overnight and baby steps are a good thing. Hey, at least people are starting to think about it more. (And companies are responding.... even if it is just a lame PR move. They're getting nervous!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.