VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! At my blog (Gormandize with A-dizzle & K-bobo) we are exploring a new country every month to discover new foods (all countries suggested by readers - so if you want to learn more about the cuisine of a particular country then jump onto the blog and leave us a comment). We've just finished posting up 9 wonderful Croatian Recipes (if you are interested you can check them out here: http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...label/Croatian).

In February we have had a request to explore the cuisine for Chad - which is a very exciting prospect. We have done a bit or searching on the net and have come up with some great options - but I always prefer the input of someone who knows more about the cuisine. So (it's probably a long shot) but has anybody here been to Chad or had any experience with Chadian food?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing from the lack of responses here that nobody was any more enlightened about Chadian Food than I was! Well, in case anybody is interested in learning about what I found I thought I would share the recipes that I made:

Chadian Breakfast Bouille (Rice and peanut porridge)
Millet Balls with 3 dipping sauces (Chadian Peanut Sauce, Saka Saka Sauce and Harissa Lime Sauce)
Chadian Sweet Potato Fritters
Chadian Irio (Mashed beans, potatoes and vegetables)
African Loz (Almond and Pistachio Bites of Amazingness)
Kachumbari (Light and delicious African salad)
Maharagwe (Kidney beans in a lightly spiced coconut sauce)

The African Loz were truly amazing!! Little bites of almond, pistachio and orange blossom water! They also went down an absolute hit at out Chadian dinner party and we had guests fighting over the last one (we ended up having to cut it into six pieces so we could all have a bit!!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.