1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
lol that sounds so fake.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
This is a very old hoax that's been going around the internet since at least 1997. I've seen this like 20 times over the years, with slight variations.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
VERY definitely a hoax. Even most omnivores aren't stupid enough to use kittens as shark bait.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously? Oh wow, thank God! I have cats, so that one really struck a chord with me.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

This is a very old hoax that's been going around the internet since at least 1997. I've seen this like 20 times over the years, with slight variations.
Whoever developed this was a helluva fishermen-he's still catching people!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

Did you happen to take a look at the link I provided that shows a golden retriever with a big hook through his nose? Do you really think people wouldn't do this kind of horrible thing? Here, I'll post it again.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...dog_shark.html
That's an isolated case of a dying tradition that a bunch of dumb fishermen are using on the island of Réunion. NOT an anonymous petition on Facebook about cute kittens being used as shark bait in Venezuela.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Quote:

How do you know it is a fake picture?
I saw the picture a few years back, the dog was with his owner at the time, the hooking was by accident and the owner took the dog to the vet to have it removed.

accidents happen. cant fault the owner for it.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Quote:

How do you know it is a fake picture?
My Brother is a big time sportfisherman-he pointed out that even if the photo wasn't a fake the hook is in the wrong place.

As it is the hooks-which have no barbs-would rip out of the dog's lip as it struggled-the hooks should be secured in the bait so as the bait is consumed by the fish the hook is swallowed or at least manages to catch the fish in the mouth.

Also the hooks are far too small think about the size of the Shark that would eat something the size of a Golden Retriever it would have to be at least 8 feet long and grab the dog by the head to hook itself when in fact most Sharks attack from the side or below.

Sorry to interject some cold hard reality into your teary eyed handwringing session but Believe it or Not they are people out there in cyber space who deliberately create sick jokes just to discomfit ones such as yourself.

Quote:
I saw the picture a few years back, the dog was with his owner at the time, the hooking was by accident and the owner took the dog to the vet to have it removed.

It would have to be one dumb clumsy animal to hook itself like that but Golden Retrievers while they are sweet cuddly mutts aren't the brightest pups in the kennel.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Whether it's a fake or not, could we please stop trying to make a lesson about it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts