VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the store yesterday to buy some new face wash and I was going to buy this Kiss My Face scrub.The label said they didn't test on animals and used no animal ingredients but there was honey in it.I am a bit confused.Why do you think they use honey but say there are no animal ingredients?

·
Registered
0 Posts
because honey is an insect ingredient, some companies don't consider insect products as animal products. The company is vegetarian but not completely strict vegan.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The same thing happened to me with a Freeman product I bought. I didn't notice the honey until I started using it. I called them and they replaced it with another product. You should contact them and tell them that honey is indeed an animal product. I always contact companies who state "no animal products" or "100% vegetarian" on products that contain animal products. Otherwise how's it ever going to change?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Only a few KMF products contain honey/beeswax. It lists which ones on the site. I say 98% of their products are vegan though.

As for Freeman...are most of their products vegan?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
"Aubrey Organics" has mostly vegan products. "Vegan" is printed and circled on the containers in a visible place and pretty large.

I love their products and they have a full disclosure policy on all ingredients. All natural too.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/index.cfm

Most are vegan, but it's weird that they don't advertise it on their site. They are mostly about "all natural," etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts