VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure If I have introduced myself already. So here goes anyway. I have often thought that a vegetarian/vegan/raw vegan diet is the best one for oh so many reasons. I mean it just makes sense really. However due to my total lack of will power I have been unable to go even vegetarian! Which kind of sucks. Lately I have stopped buying meat and other animal products at the supermarket and it seems to be going really well. I am still eating animal products when I go to my parents house once every week or two. I am also eating animal products when I go out with people cause I'm a little bit weak willed. I tried to go vegetarian a few times and told people and I got these huge lectures about how i would not get enough protien which as you all know is bs cause you can get all 8 essential amino acids from plant products... anyway thats my problem that I have to deal with I guess.

For the most part now I am learning how to cook things that I will enjoy eating :) As I think that is the key to any dietary change. I have purchased 5 books on cooking vegetarian foods as I think Ill start off vegetarian. My ultimate aim is to end up vegan with maybe 90% raw foods. It will be a very very long journey. I hope that I can make it. Even if i dont make it to my ultimate goal I hope one day I will make it to my minimum goal which is to be a lacto-ovo-vegetarian... cause its better than nothing I guess.

My interestes online in regard to vegetarianism are: General vegetarian topics, cooking, and cooking stuff on a budget.

If anyone has anything they want to say to feel feel to contact me :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure. My ex-girlfriend created my myspace account for me because I was boycotting social media. Dont worry tho I have totally normalled out and now use facebook :)

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

Im not sure. My ex-girlfriend created my myspace account for me because I was boycotting social media. Dont worry tho I have totally normalled out and now use facebook :)
i WAS worried.

Unless you're a female brunette, I don't think you're the same. welcome though!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah so many people use the nick name Kindred :) Its awsomeness. I am a brunette but not a female.

And hello back Pixie :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome, Kindred. I'm also not so crazy about social networking, etc. Well, I don't like the sorts of things they do, the lack of clarity over privacy settings, etc. I'm on there, too, though, just like everyone else.

Definitely finding new recipes, new foods you like is the way to go. You've got the right idea. Might I suggest some Yves Veggie Cuisine and Tofurky products? I like the Tofurky Italian Sun-Dried Tomato sausages the best: awesome taste AND they're organic.
The Yves veggie bacon is also super yummy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome, and good luck on your journey!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't believe how easy it is to go vegetrain when im on my own. When ever other people are involved thats another story! It seems like every meal out has meat in it there are no good vegetarian options. :-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts