VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Killer whales endanger park staff, state says

SeaWorld disputes finding that it is 'only a matter of time' before a trainer is killed by one of the mammals.

By Tony Perry, Times Staff Writer

March 2, 2007

SAN DIEGO SeaWorld officials Thursday hotly disputed a finding by state investigators that it is "only a matter of time" before a trainer is killed by one of the park's killer whales.

"The trainers recognize this risk and train not for 'if' an attack will happen but 'when,' " said a report by the state Division of Occupational Safety and Health.

The report, released Tuesday, follows an investigation into a Nov. 29 incident in which Kasatka, a 7,000-pound, 17-foot-long female, dragged her trainer underwater in front of hundreds of horrified spectators at Shamu Stadium.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...nes-california

Quote:
Peters told investigators that he had no warning that Kasatka was going to drag him to the bottom of the 36-foot-deep pool. "She didn't show me any precursors. She didn't tell me; she didn't show me," the report quoted him as saying.
Um, she's a WILD animal. It's not like she keeps a copy of Emily Post nearby to check for the proper etiquette in telling one's trainer you've had enough...

·
Registered
564 Posts
exaclty dont want to get killed or eaten by an animal dont put it in a cage then make it do tricks for you money and self worth and piss it off treat it like **** and invade its space and dont expect it to finaly say enough is enough and eat you you get what you deserve

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Emily Post whale:

"Quite sorry sir, I am feeling a bit like a predator today. It would be ever so dreadful if I mistook you for a seal. So if, you please, I must beg off swimming with you today. I am sorry for the trouble."

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty obvious how dumb people are. As much as I love being able to see these animals up-close, I kind of agree with hippieboy that we catch them and keep them in captivity for entertainment purposes and it's just not right.

There was so much effort to free Keiko after he starred in the Free Willy series, but he had a couple different serious medical conditions. He was released in 2001.

I think it would be nice for Sea World to find other ways to educate people and permit them to enjoy these animals.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
If it looks like a killer whale,and it swims like a killer whale, it is most likely a KILLER whale, Doofus. See the sharp teeth. See the big mouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.