VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite frequently these days, I stumble onto some cartoons being produced for kids that crack me up. One of them is easily this thing called Sponge Bob. He's a sea sponge living in some lagoon, all animated and like's he's on a sugar high... when he comes to the surface, he's a kitchen sponge on a stick. LOL... it is quite funny.

Anyone else here see this show?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i've seen it once or twice i think. but i have noticed that most kids cartoons have hidden jokes and innuendo that only adults would catch. one i saw the other day, i can't remember what it was, but i was shocked at a filthy joke and thought "isn't this for kids???" but then realized most kids wouldn't understand it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LF: right, I know exactly what you mean. Some of these cartoons have a lot of innuendos sprinkled throughout. But this Sponge Bob one... that has really grown on me and I usually catch it quite often these days

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I don't make time for cartoons in my life. VB takes up the time I might designate for that. Two years ago I had the rotten luck of hanging out in the commuter café at my college at the exact time when some of my male friends were watching Johnny Bravo. They repeatedly made me sit down and watch it with them, even though they knew I was seething. Eventually I just decided that enough was enough, and I didn't have to watch it if I didn't want to. And I swear I was not the slightest bit responsible when the big screen tv in the café got broken.

Half a step better than Johnny Bravo was Dexter. There were a few smile moments in that, but overall I am just not a cartoon person.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
you kidding? i
Johnny Bravo!

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
HA!

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is not for all types of humor. Half the episodes had me on the floor crying, half I could barely watch a second time. It's on at midnight Sunday "Night" on Cartoon Network. It's part of the mostly-excellent Adultswim line-up. you can check out ATHF clips and more (Home Movies = halarious) at adultswim.com.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have seen spongebob a few times because my little sisters watch it. I don't know why they like it so much, because most of the jokes they don't understand. I never used to like it, but after watching it several times, I sorta kinda do. It's stupidly funny.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ObsidianZebra

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is quite funny (I love Meatwad!), but even better than that is Sea Lab 2021...
I liked the whole Adult Swim lineup until they changed it a few weeks ago. Home Movies is, I think, the best quality show they do. But yes, Sealab is tops on the weirdness tip. I don't know who's more halairous: Shake or Captain Murphy?

Shake: "You don't own space, so quit acting like you do!"

Murphy: "Dame Prime Directives! I just don't know if I wanna live a thousand years. Even as an Adrienne Barbeau-bot... with hard nipples."

Shake: "Oh yeah, that's right! God's a big meatball, I forgot!"

Murphy: "It's not a toy. It makes real cupcakes. With a 40-watt bulb. And there's icing packets. But the secret ingredient... is love. Dammit."

Shake: "Since when did you have a cloning device? Answer me! NO! CLONE me, and answer my clone!"

Murphy: "Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored."

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've never really watched SpongeBob properly, but it seems quite a lot like Ren and Stimpy to me (which is a good thing..)

I also have a soft spot for The Family Guy, The Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken and Dexter's Laboratory.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh my god...Sealab 2021 is awesome! But don't forget Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show. My favorite thing on Sealab besides Captain Murphy is Dolphin Boy....it's just so freakin hilarious how they treat that kid like crap. And the dolphin noises. LMAO I know what you mean by tears...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts