·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think children are often a lot more receptive to this kind of information than adults. They're more compassionate. This guy is really brave to do this right inside of a McDonalds.

Also, I love that kids hat
Cookie monster!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
****, i can't even watch this ****. makes me feel like i'm dying. I had to block the slaughter footage with another window. It's amazing how clear minded people can become when they actually see this stuff. You don't need to be smart, you don't need to be educated in nutrition or axiology, you can tell in your gut that it's wrong.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

Why was that kid eating a banana in McDonald's? Where did he get that?
If you watched to the very end, you see the guy who made the video gave it to him.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

If you watched to the very end, you see the guy who made the video gave it to him.
Ah. I didn't catch that. I did fast forward through the torture video to the end and I guess I missed that part.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
The message is understandable, but I object to the tactics. If you think this exercise was a good idea, what would you think of the same guy gaming children into a McDonald's to show them "Silent Scream" to support his anti-abortion rights agenda, or a John Birch Society indoctrination video to push his racist ideology?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:

The message is understandable, but I object to the tactics. If you think this exercise was a good idea, what would you think of the same guy gaming children into a McDonald's to show them "Silent Scream" to support his anti-abortion rights agenda, or a John Birch Society indoctrination video to push his racist ideology?
It's a tough call, because it is being shown to children. However he did get their consent, and they could have walked away from the video at any time. If my child was shown an anti-abortion video of his own free will, I wouldn't mind it, even if I don't agree with it. Until they get information about an issue, they may never ask questions.

I personally would never have the balls to do anything of this sort.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:

It's a tough call, because it is being shown to children. However he did get their consent, and they could have walked away from the video at any time. If my child was shown an anti-abortion video of his own free will, I wouldn't mind it, even if I don't agree with it. Until they get information about an issue, they may never ask questions.

You would really leave it to your child to decide whether or not he/she should listen to a complete (adult) stranger? Do you give your kid a credit card with an understanding that he/she will have the sense to spend wisely?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:

You would really leave it to your child to decide whether or not he/she should listen to a complete (adult) stranger? Do you give your kid a credit card with an understanding that he/she will have the sense to spend wisely?
My kid is 2. He's not doing anything yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

****, i can't even watch this ****. makes me feel like i'm dying. I had to block the slaughter footage with another window. It's amazing how clear minded people can become when they actually see this stuff. You don't need to be smart, you don't need to be educated in nutrition or axiology, you can tell in your gut that it's wrong.
I read this as soon as i hit the Play button and took your advice on opening a new window to while watching it haha..I usually just sit with my hand up to the screen for ever how long.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its not the kids fault Nor the activist fault...But just shows awesome parenting skills and supervision. Its not like he got them to crawl into his "rape van" haha Just shows ya how easy it would be though...Happy I have no children.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:

No, not a tough call. I'd come unglued if any strange adult was trying to push their agenda on my kids w/o my consent whether I agreed with it or not.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quote:

It IS different, though. These kids are complicit in this animal abuse. They have a right undoubtedly and really an obligation to know the truth. Abortion isn't something that affects them or that they affect.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Monster View Post

.But just shows awesome parenting skills and supervision.
So, kids walk from high school to the McD's at lunch, that's bad parenting? Assuming you're being sarcastic.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I honestly don't understand that so many people seem to think that kids are incapable of making any choices for themselves. The kids in the video were what, 15, 16? I was living on my own at 17, a mom at 18. They can think for themselves. Keeping your kids sheltered from anything you don't agree with is ignorant, imo. I've had many people try to push their agenda on me, even in my teens, and you take it with a grain of salt. Many times I've been given bibles, talked to about Jesus, told I shouldn't date a native man because I'm a good white girl, told I should eat meat, told I shouldn't eat meat, told that I'm immoral if I don't adhere to conservative values, yadda yadda.

What are you so scared of your kids seeing? I'm really not trying to pick a fight or bring this to the heap, I'm really just curious.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

It IS different, though. These kids are complicit in this animal abuse. They have a right undoubtedly and really an obligation to know the truth. Abortion isn't something that affects them or that they affect.
OK. They are also complicit in having intolerable mixed-race friendships in what should be a segregated society, and I'm sure they are complicit violating the rules of many religious belief systems. Let's just hope that some enlightened people can set them straight, behind their parents' backs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts