VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's my situation: I've had a pretty healthy diet for the past few years because I had the time and resources (kitchen access, refrigerator, shelf space, etc). Well, I still have that at home, but the problem is that now I have a boyfriend whom I spend most of my evenings with. He is renting a room from his friend's dad, and about 4 nights a week I go over and spend the night. This means that I eat dinner there, too. So, lately I've been relying on convenience foods for dinner because 1)my boyfriend is a VERY picky omni, and 2) the convenience food I get (frozen veggie pasta, Amy's pizzas, etc) are the only things he'll eat since he's picky.<br><br><br><br>
Anyway, I would really like to have better dinners. Lunch has been crappy for me, too, with school (but that's a different story and I know how to fix that problem!). So, the problem is the pickiness of the boyfriend as far as eating healthy meals, plus the fact that it's not my house. I can use whatever I want, but the big problem is storage space-- I can't take up too much room since it's not my house.<br><br><br><br>
So, how can I eat healthy meals when I really have room for only little packages? I would love to do even simple things that don't require cooking, like a veggie sandwich, but I can't cart around food in my car all the time, nor can I really leave an abundance of food at their house.<br><br><br><br>
Any suggestions on what to do? Or what kinds of meals to make that require little ingredients and little space, or each ingredient is completely used up in the making of the recipe (so I don't have a bag of carrots leftover, for example)?

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
You could pre-prep meals by getting all the components prepped at home for a few meals, then store them over at your bf's house for cooking. Or you could just make food at your house ahead of time, and then you won't have components all over the place, just the finished product. This weekend, for example, I made 3 meals on the same day, and stuck them all in the fridge and reheated them during the week at dinner time. I wouldn't worry about whether or not he'll eat it though. I'm sure he can fend for himself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts