VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KC and I are once again competing in a fantasy baseball league. Somehow that joker manages to come in first or second every year. I don't think I've ever finished ahead of him. This is the year! Hey, how can you go wrong with a team called Tofu Tramp?

The prize money is $200 but that pales in comparison to the satisfaction one feels while defeating and humiliating a friend.

Today is opening day and I'll use this thread to keep you updated on my progress throughout the season.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
good luck, though i'm not sure who i should be cheering for =/

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
uhh i mean.. go Michael ra ra ra!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I'm not certain, but I believe Michael, KC, and any other involved parties will begin by "drafting" major league players onto their "rosters", thus creating their fanatsy teams. After that, each of them will begin constructing "fantasies" they have for each player.

For example, Michael may have a "fantasy" of Barry Bonds doing housework while wearing a French Maid outfit.

KC may have a "fantasy" about Greg Maddux being a strict English nanny, and KC is the naughty school boy.

I think that is how it works.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i think they just record points accumulated by the players in real life and at the end of the season whoever has the most points for their team wins. so you have to pick players carefully and trade them along the way to make sure you get as many points as possible.

i did a hockey pool a couple of years in a row when i was technically not old enough to participate. cost like 2 bucks to enter.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Alright LF!!!!! We should of got you signed up, next year your in...it won't take much to beat Michael....AND how about those ROYALS!!!

OPENING DAY SHUTOUT< ROYALS WIN 3 to 0 against those lowly WHITE SOX!!! YEA BABY!!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i don't really follow baseball though. at all. set up a hockey pool and i'm in.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyFaile

i don't really follow baseball though. at all. set up a hockey pool and i'm in.
Hockey pool? Wouldn't the players drown if they were wearing all of those pads?

Reminds of a joke....

Did you hear about the tragedy of the Polish National Hockey Team?

They drowned during spring training.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
haha Tame i'll have to remember that one

hey i almost know someone almost famous. my bf's cousin plays for the Devils farm team. or did, i haven't heard anything about him lately so i'm not sure what he's up to now.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
ROCK ROYALS WIN 5 to 4 a late 7th inning Home Run put us in the lead...Our young flame thrower MacDougal came in and shut em down, watching Big Hurt ground into a double play!! 2 wins and 0 losses first time we've started out like this since 1979!!

We had really good seats to start with and they got even better. After the singing of the Star Spangled Banner, a guy came up and said "how would you and the little one like to join me in the front row and he handed me two tickets...I couldn't believe it..right behind home plate, I sat next to the radar gun. That's what I love about this city, always somebody doing something nice for one another!!

Late in the game a foul ball shot over the screen and bounced right back at us from the press box....the ball hit the back of my seat, I missed it as I was in the process of covering up Gav! The guy behind us got it...the sucker, the crowd booed him however for not handing the ball over to Gavin...he he he..

Also on the other side of the radar gun, was a Kansas City legend Buck O'Neil...He was a hall of famer that played in the Negro Leagues and went on to be one of the first to play in professional baseball...He had a good career with the Cubbies. He is probably 80 to 90 years old now, but a real neat guy and kept kidding with Gavin. He autographed my hat. Gavin had a terrific time, probably one of the funnest days I've had since we moved out here!!! Gavin cheered so loud everyone was just laughing and urging him on!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.