VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
People grow apart a lot in middle school and high school. I lost my best friend to drugs [in a friendship way, she didn't die thank her lucky stars]. I lost other friends to differences in lifestyle and/or attitude.

The teenage years are the prime time for discovering yourself. Who you are and what you are all about. Not only that, but relaying to the world who you are and what you are all about.

You will grow apart from some, but it opens the doors to grow close to others. There are so many people in this world and there are always many willing to be a friend. The hard part is locating them.

Try to make the best out of these years and don't fret about losing old friends, but open up to making new ones. When you open your mind and your heart to others, you'll be amazed at what you can find out there in the world.

Best of luck in your years to come.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Like Angel said, this stuff happens in your teenage years. In that sentence I'm not trying to belittle your pain in any way; I know it really sucks. It is difficult and painful and I wouldn't go through it again for anything (well, maybe in exchange for living to 120
). But it's only for a time, and then things start to get better again.

How old are you? When I was around 12, 13, a similar thing happened to me. I was working out who I am and so were my friends, and suddenly we didn't fit together so well anymore. Throw in a death, a little bit of bullying, and beginning to not do so well in school, and those years were the worst of my life to date. I'm sad that I grew apart from someone who was my best friend for a number of years, but I have some other great friends now and things sorted themselves out after a while and I'm happy again now. The thing to remember is not to let it spiral out of control and don't do anything stupid. Good luck

·
Registered
730 Posts
I can't stand my friends anymore! I finally realized how immature they really can be and don't want to be around them. I guess because I'm only a month and a couple weeks away from graduating I am distancing myself from them. I don't think I'll ever see them again after high school anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I left most of my friends a year and a half ago to come to a town with a population of 632. That was fun.

The first move (I was 9) was 16 hours away so I quickly adapted out of necessity. Here, I can go see my buddies every couple weekends so I'm still tight with them to the point where I've ended up dating one of them who I really didn't have anything romantic with when I lived there.

But you can't really live for the weekend, especially when the weekend doesn't always come. I've ended up in a group of 'geeks,' [I use geek in the nicest possible way; we all use it to describe ourselves because there is no better word] because they were really the only ones who came close to accepting me. A hard breakup [with one of the geeks] a few months ago sort of destroyed any comfort I had there. It's awkward and a tad boring since I don't play the video games or watch the same movies they do, and that (or sex) seems to be the only topics that arrise. Other than a weekly yoga class with a couple of them, it feels like I can only be listened to over MSN, which is not a happy place to be. (Either silent at break or listening to a couple kids with terribly strong accents explain movie plots to me.)

I sigh. People change... and I hate it. Everything should just be static for a little while. I hope everything works out...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't even talk to the person who was my best friend anymore. I talk to everyone in my year except for about 10 people, and she's one of them. Don't worry, you should find new friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts