VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the recipe from

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=14201.0

But I had to minus the cream cheese filling and cut down a bit on the batter, I only used three slices of bread, but I cut them thick. I used stevia instead of sugar and added a splash of vanilla flavored syrup. I cooked them for about twenty minutes, then flipped them (they stuck a little bit to the bottom of the pan) and broiled them for about seven-ish minutes till they slightly browned and crispy.

Last night I made the jam by cutting up two plums and boiling them down in a bit of water and two table spoons of water, plus some stevia (I don't like to use too much white sugar at all) and a splash of the vanilla syrup. It boiled down easily to a jam consistancy and was nice and thick so I put in an old jam jar. I was really impressed with myself over that. Ive never made jam before but I really like being in charge of my ingredients.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I actually make most of my plates and bowls and mugs. I was showing them off to family and friends and started putting food on them. I don't think I'll ever do food photos as well as some of the vegan food related blogs I like to read, but my goal is/was to make it look good for the people that think I eat 'fake' foods.

*I make a lot of foods that don't come out looking nice enough to warrent a photo of it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.