VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure quite how I stumbled across this site but I'm glad I did..! From what I've seen so far, it seems like a very lively board with a tonne of useful information and a very friendly atmosphere
Hooray!!

So, HELLO. I am me. I'm a 22-year-old musician from England who has only recently made the decision to go vegan. I had a vegetarian "phase" once before (to this day I cannot remember why I lapsed back into an omnivorous diet... needless to say I do not feel good about it) but had never before attempted to cut out animal products completely. I have done a lot of thinking and reading about this and am convinced it's the right thing to do. Knowing what I know now, I don't feel there is an option anymore.

At first it seemed so daunting, especially navigating around the supermarket and finding vegan-safe foods, but I have found it quite liberating - I've had to be a lot more creative with my meals, which I have actually found very enjoyable!

My mum is worried about me because I have always been very petite (i.e. skinny. Petite sounds nicer!) but I don't see that it's a problem. I told her I'd make sure I was eating enough that I wouldn't get any skinnier. I'm sure in time she will see that it's a perfectly healthy way to live.
I've been logging my meals over this past week in order to figure out what things I need to buy on a weekly basis, as I seem to be spending an awful lot of money on food at the moment (I'm not sure how... I mean, I'm buying mostly vegetables! But they're not always cheap) and I need to work out a more economical diet ehehe...

Hee. I am glad I turned vegan because it led to my discovery of Provamel RICE MILK which I have totally fallen in love with. xD

Mmmmmmm. Yes.

Anyway, enough babbling from me

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Helen and welcome!

Nice posts already, I'm looking forwrd to seeing more.

Lothar

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi!
I can totally relate about being "petite" or, rather "petit" since I'm a guy. I have always been tall yet thin, and because of me being thin everybody says I'm "unhealthy" and that I should have more "meat on my bones".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts