VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...please don't bite my head off! thanks.

so, i was just looking around this forum, and it seems that most people here are pro-choice. now, ok, it's your opinion, whatever. you can think what you want. but, are there ANY , i mean, ANY pro-life people out there???

i mean come on, we're VEGETARIAN!! we're all about LIFE why would you think that killing a BABY is ok, but killing a COW or a PIG isn't?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok, sorry, that was a bit harsh. again, it's just my personal opinion, and obviously, i just had my feathers ruffled. just wanted to rant. thanks for reading :] i guess i posted this in the teen forum because i wanted to hear what people my age think.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
bleh.

I'm still formulating my opinions on this and I find it a very difficult topic. But I tend to side more towards pro-life. I don't talk about this aspect of my politics much because I am in all other respects very 'left' and when I refused to wear a 'pro life' badge that my friend assumed I would want she looked at me almost like I was satan, or perhaps just criminally insane.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If it was rape, I think you should take the morning after pill. Anything else? I'm prolife. The argument "it's the woman's body", is silly to me. It's also the baby's body. You had sex. You decided to mate. Mate = kids. They don't deserve to die. If you can't give them a good life, DON'T MATE. And there are couples out there who are happy to adopt.

I've been wishy-washy on this subject for a while, kind of lilke what Isowish said...but this is what I feel and what I came up with, these are my beliefs on the subject manner.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

If it was rape, I think you should take the morning after pill.
I tend to support the morning after pill regardless of circumstances, like contraception. I don't equate the morning after pill with abortion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I tend to support the morning after pill regardless of circumstances, like contraception. I don't equate the morning after pill with abortion.
Oh me either, but a lot of people are like "Well, if it's rape, then abortion is okay!!" Which, I don't think that's an excuse. I guess the morning after could be taken whenever
I should of explained better!

A friend of mine said "Vegetarians like abortion because it cuts down on meat eaters!" I don't think we should kill humans to cut down on killing animals. A few years ago, I probably would of said something different like "Humans are cruel, they ruin the earth, and all of our resources. Why should I care if they die?" I guess I have matured and realised we should give each person a chance, and without that chance we can't make the earth a better place.

Wow, I kinda just rambled on offtopic...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

A friend of mine said "Vegetarians like abortion because it cuts down on meat eaters!" I don't think we should kill humans to cut down on killing animals. A few years ago, I probably would of said something different like "Humans are cruel, they ruin the earth, and all of our resources. Why should I care if they die?" I guess I have matured and realised we should give each person a chance, and without that chance we can't make the earth a better place.
I definitely agree, everyone should be given a chance, that being said. I'm pro-choice.

And to the OP. I don't see how you can equate raising an animal in a harsh disgusting environment and then killing it when it is fully matured to killing something that isn't developed far enough to have any emotions or understanding of what it's going through. At the point it is aborted it's basically a vegetable.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
me too.

also, I would pbject to calling a foetus (or embryo, or whatever. I don't know all the terminology but my gf gets pissed off when I get it wrong. She's doing developmental biology as of next year.) a 'baby'.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:

me too.

also, I would pbject to calling a foetus (or embryo, or whatever. I don't know all the terminology but my gf gets pissed off when I get it wrong. She's doing developmental biology as of next year.) a 'baby'.
Agreed! baby's are those cute things that cry a lot and everyone's always talking about. Fetus' aren't quite there yet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
They're still human lifes. And they will get there soon, if allowed to. I don't think anyone should be able to stop that life from developing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pro-Choice.

I will never accept "abortion = baby killing". I also see it as a cluster of cells with no sentience whatsoever. If they have no sentience, I see no harm in removing them.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Don't you feel that it is ending a life from forming, though? Why does that life not get a chance to develope and do great things for this world just like all the rest of us? We were all just insignificant little cells at one point, too. The world would be so much different is some power activist(for human rights, animal rights, woman rights..ect..)'s parents decided, that the clusters of cells didn't matter, and could easily just be removed.

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
i'm obviously prochoice.

how about that pharmacists can refuse to fill your prescription for the morning after pill, even if it was rape? or your birthcontrol, even if you are married?

i refuse to believe sex=babies. that is completely FALSE in my mind. how many of you are virgins because when you have sex you are instantly going to get pregnant?

yeah.

i can't wait till abortion is illegal (which is basically is anyway) again and someone finds their little sister dead in an alleyway one hand on her stomach the other hand on a coathanger or icepick.

im out of here, im just one of those raging feminazi lesbians who doesn't shave. *shrug* i'm not into an argument over this stuff.

pro choice, fine. pro life, fine, don't have an abortion.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I don't know if anybody cares, but just to let you know...I'm ducking out of this thread now.

I came to show support for the OP, because I knew how she felt as a teenage girl whose opinions didn't fit with other teenage girls'. But I'm not here for a debate on views I haven't finished forming yet, and abortion threads never really go anywhere anyway

·
Registered
564 Posts
any form of murder is murder

i dont care

There are ways to prevent rape

i understand if they literal break into your house tie you down and rape you than mabey

but other wise dont be stupid dont go to a party and get drunk and dont walk outside at night by your self just take caution

this i my opion so please noone take offensie

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:

I don't know if anybody cares, but just to let you know...I'm ducking out of this thread now.

I came to show support for the OP, because I knew how she felt as a teenage girl whose opinions didn't fit with other teenage girls'. But I'm not here for a debate on views I haven't finished forming yet, and abortion threads never really go anywhere anyway
I was about to post something similar.

Guys, keep it friendly. She didn't ask for debate. She asked for pro-lifers to speak up. She wanted to have a little support on her ways, and know shes not the only one out there that felt that way. Please do not get her thread closed or turned into a huge abortion debate. I really don't think that was the OP's wishes.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
edited post: someone said something stupid in this thread, but he's a good guy and I give him the benefit of the doubt that it just came out wrong.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

ohhkay, I know I said I was gone, but I want to get this clear:

being prolife is NOT the same thing as thinking that rape is the victim's fault. I would hate people to think that thios is who prolifers are.

bye.
isowish, i sort of want to quote everything you've said, lol. i'm pretty much left wing with everything else as well. sometimes i just think that prochoicers just don't want to take responsibility for the choices they make.

rape, obviously, is different. and unless you've been in that situation, i don't think you have any business saying what can and can't be prevented. i sort of think that it's the woman's choice in that situation, but then again, others could use that as an excuse and abuse that. gah! i'm sorry i brought this up. again. but on the other hand, i really do believe that that little cluster of cells is, if not a "baby", is just as important as one. i guess i just feel like people are playing God when they think they know when it's a human and when it's not.

and factory farming and abortion may be two different things, but cruelty is still cruelty, and killing is still killing.

again, just my opinions! sorry i was so hot headed in my first post. thank you for all the responses!! and please, if this continues, i really don't want any heated arguments.

...thanks!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.