VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever wake up and you know you have to study but you really dont feel like it? I had one of those days today. I am in the middle of my exam block, and I have 2 of my hardest exams both tomorrow. All day I forced myself to study, and it felt like I was smashing my head repeatedly into a brick wall.
I am so dead, because I was not motivated all day and that is not good when studying as far as I know.

I cannot believe it was today of all days where I just had to roll out of bed thinking oh TV sounds good, so does swimming and netball and fictional books and the internet and the movies and my friends and then I had to study all day. Im not even sure how much got through in the end, I am so exhausted. Smashing your head into a brick wall repeatedly will do that to a person. I am sooo damn mad at myself for being, umm, well, ME!!!!
And the worst of it is that nobody cares that I have a migrane and Im exhausted and that Im going to fail. I know, why should they? But it would have been nice if somebody could say, gee you are working hard so heres a little something instead of being so wrapped up in their own bloody worlds that they dont notice and instead they come into the room where I am studying and play podcasts at full volume so they drive me out.

Sorry about this rant at myself and everybody around me. I just have to get it all out. And NOBODY say that people are worse off than me, I know that already and it doesn't make me feel any better because in the long run my parents are still going to give me that dissapointed look when I fail and say: 'oh, Isie, we give you so much and all we ask in return is that you do your best at school. This is not your best...'

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Have to? No. Can't say I've ever had to study. Maybe "was supposed to, but didn't". But then, I was quite happy with that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ya..I've never studied. School..I dont know I just pass with As with out giving much effect at all.."advanced" classes...easy..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Ya..I've never studied. School..I dont know I just pass with As with out giving much effect at all.."advanced" classes...easy..
Lucky! I'm in honors classes and I have to work to get A's and B's.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've been studieing a lot this year, wich is odd for me. I've been making all

90's and above. I do have a test tomorow, but right now I'm online instead. I also nead to take a nap, because I'm slightly sick and don't want to go to the Peta2 take action conferance all tired and sick. So, maybe I'll fail the test. I can always just try and do my best... see what happens.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I have another exam tomorrow. Its Indonesian. I'm in a class of three, where one person has lived in Indonesia and the other has a sister who speaks it fluently and then there is me with my mum telling me to drop... its a little hopeless...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I'm in college (I'm assuming you're in high school) and I had four papers to write this week and a math exam tomorrow. It's so much work that I've been reading Veggieboards instead of actually doing anything because thinking about it is so overwhelming. I know how you feel. You put in all that work and all it does is exhaust you.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm in three advanced classes and I have two of them this semester. I'm already sick because of sleep deprivation (too much homework, too little time to relax) and I have to have an essay on foreign policy, plus a TON of notes done tomorrow. And then a test on imperialism.

Not to mention that I still have to write a creative story going off of one in the book, in the same style, by tomorrow (it's extra credit, but I need it). I haven't started yet, seeing as it was assigned Tuesday and I was working on my essay Tuesday night. Arrgghh, and I also have to have 125 pages of "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair done by tomorrow as well.

And a geometry test.

Blah.

So I know how you feel. And I always want to just smack myself for putting off homework and projects. And then becoming sleep deprived. And sick. And getting more work. At least you DID study instead of one of the other options. Give yourself credit for that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
we're at the end of our block(we take different clases every month) so i have a huge final for this class tomorow. We don't get books so i have to rely on my notes to study for the test. And instead of books they make us create a textbook of our own and i still have about half of that to go. Hopefully that'll only take me 3-4 hours. The class right now is projective geometry. Next is astronomy.

My last school i didn't need to study at all for any tests and i got As and B ,but i moved to this school to get more challenging work. So i do need to study at least a little bit to get a decent grade(c). Of course alot of our classes are college or advance classes(though they might be taught differently than college teaches it, its the same college)

I know how you feel, i've worked my butt off more than once and i get sick of it. Especially when i get bothered. But.. I kinda sit there thinking if i have to pull an all nighter now before i am even a senior in hs, will college be worse or better? I guess it depends on where i

go?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Haha, this is my life.

In high school it didn't bother me as much because I pretty much got As and Bs (there were a few Cs thrown in there but they weren't the norm) anyway. I mean, maybe if I'd studied I could have been a straight A student and that would have been great, but I was quite happy with where I was.

But now the trade off seems a lot worse. I'm in sixth form and my not-studying has started to lead to Es.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts