VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
k12, if you do a search on this site for nutritional yeast, you will find (literally) DOZENS of threads on the subject. It has to be one of the most thoroughly discussed topics here.

and yes, try the nacho cheese sauce. It rocks really hard!!

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Oh kpickell...you crack me up! Complicated? Can I just come cook for you?
Oh please do!

Some day when my life and house are in order I want to learn to cook, but I'm not quite at that point yet. So I just am thankful I have a working microwave and am able to boil water on the stove.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I add it to anything that needs a little more "egginess or cheesiness". Nacho cheese, yes, but also mac & cheese, french toast, foccacia, etc. It kind of depends how long you have been without real cheese on whether you can fool yourself into accepting it as a substitute.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
This makes the best "chicken" broth I've ever had.

Bryanna's Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder

Recipe by: Bryanna Clark Grogan

makes about 1 and 1/2 C.

Blend in a dry blender:

1 and 1/3 c. good-tasting nutritional yeast flakes

3 T. onion powder

2 and 1/2 T. sea salt

2 and 1/2 tsp. garlic granules or powder

1 T. soymilk powder

1 T. white beet sugar

1 tsp. dried thyme

1 tsp. finely crumbled dried sage (NOT powdered)

1 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. tumeric

Store in an airtight container and use 1 level tablespoon per cup of water.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yesterday i wanted to put it on popcorn but i didn't like how a lot of it fell off...so i heated it up with equal parts of water in the microwave and it was kind of like melted butter/margerine and i just poured it over my popcorn.
although i should have waited for it to cool since it made the popped corn shrivel up kinda....

heyy putting it on scrambled tofu with veggies is a good idea (for breakfast). i want to try that out now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts