VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's "just a bird" or, "that's a lot of money for just a bird."
They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a bird."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a bird."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a bird" but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a bird" and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a bird" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you too, think it's, "just a bird," Then you will probably understand phases like

"just a friend, "

"just a sunrise, "

or "just a promise."

"just a bird" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust and pure unbridled joy.

"just a bird", brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a bird", I will rise early, and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a bird" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment..

"just a bird" brings out what's good in me, and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a bird", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a bird." just smile, because they....

...."just don't understand."

Author unknown.

"Dog", "cat", species of your choice can replace the word "bird."

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I got feelings too...
But you say I'm just a bird, you say I'm just a bird

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

I got feelings too...
But you say I'm just a bird, you say I'm just a bird
Heh, yeah, when I first read the title of this thread I thought it was going in a completely different direction...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
When my dog died when I was in high school, I got that same response. "She was just a dog..."

·
Registered
31 Posts
I never used to have any particular care about birds until i worked with them. I definitely look at them in a diff way now. I appreciate their intelligence and company. They are quite amazing.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Thanks for this. I'm glad to say I appreciate birds, take sparrows, they rock and so nimble too, bland in color some may say but I love 'em but color don't bother me and besides they more than makeup for it in character!!..

Ps, timing of this is great, was mentioning to a friend, the thought of how cool bird tables are, only today.. Yay for bird lovers, especially of the little bird appreciation society.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts