VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck everyone.

I'm around 70.5 kilos (155.1lbs) my goal is 69 kilos (151.8lbs)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd love to join in! I need all the accountability I can get. I'm 142 lbs (64.5 kilos) and I would like to lose 4 pounds by the end of June. I have lost over 60 pounds last year and now I cannot for the life of me get those last 10 lbs off!

I used to love exercising. I would walk/jog 6x weekly and weight train at least 4x weekly. Now I can't make myself do it, even though I know I will feel so much better mentally. So I'm going to commit to being active at least 4-5 a week. I'm also going to watch my calories, even though I'm going to dread that too.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I'm terrible at weight loss

The thing that was key for me was to make small changes slowly. Keep a food journal and sneak in a little activity everyday. If you slip up, forgive yourself. It's not about 'willpower' or any of that nonsense. Just keep a positive attitude and don't deprive yourself. If you crave something, take a couple of bites and savor it. You don't have to eat it all, just enough to satisfy the craving. You also don't have to rush head first into vigorous exercise. I lost my first 40 lbs by simply walking 30-45 minutes 4x a week.

The biggest advice I can give anyone is to be consistent. If you slip at one meal, make your next a little lighter. Don't give into the attitude that you 'blew it' as that was the one thing in the past that held me back. Sorry if I sound a little 'preachy' (that's not my intention) or if I'm rambling. I just hate to see anyone beat themselves up about things like this.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I'm back again this month.

Goals:
exercise 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes
more water
salad every day
tofu 4 times per week or less
at least 5 servings of fruit per day (I can get four into one smoothie
)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarita Osita View Post

I'm back again this month.

Goals:
exercise 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes
more water
salad every day
tofu 4 times per week or less
at least 5 servings of fruit per day (I can get four into one smoothie
)
Vegan smoothies are the best

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
No vacation this month, so I am hoping that helps....and I have been very busy gardening, so its a little bit more exercise, too.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a window today and wondered who the heck that blobby person was!

She needs to go!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm started a documented workout regiment. I weigh 215 lbs (97.5 kilos). I don't really have a weight goal, it's more of a fitness goal. But why not for the sake of solidarity. My optimal weight would be 185 with a body fat of 6 to 9%. My goal is also for September 5th, but I supposes I'll see where I'm at on July 1st.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I'll join in of course, but I wonder why these threads are labelled "xx challenge" but there's never any posted "challenge". I want to be challenged!

Starting weight (fully clothed) 213. Goal weight by June 30th is 209.
Goals: Track everything I eat on SparkPeople and stick to the recommended levels (eating less than 2150 calories per day). Exercise daily for at least 15 minutes and go to the gym at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I'm SO in. I refuse to weigh myself, I'm terrified. I'm going to guess 128, since that was my last weigh in. If it's any higher and I were to step on the scale, I would cry my eyes out. I used to be 112. My goal is to eat healthier (and I'm sure I will, now that I'm starting to remember how good I feel when I eat well - day 1 was a success). I'm almost certain my measurements are the same as they were in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I'm terrible at weight loss
Me too!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I weighed myself at work last week for the first time in ages. I had even refused to be weighed at the doctors office.

It was not good but could have been worse. I confessed my weight to a co-worker and our dietician. Nice lady and not thin. Somehow the weigh and confession of my weight to someone I could trust motivated me. I was shocked to find I'd lost 2.6 pounds when I weighed myself yesterday. At least I know where I'm at weight wise at this time.

It's great motivation to keep going. I will be attending the Farm Sanctuary Hoe Down this weekend. So there I'll eat whatever I want.

I also joined a weight loss forum. I hope I can keep on with this. Potato chips are always calling my name.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Last month I lost four pounds that I had gain, now I'm at 78.5kg and want to go to 75kg until June. Let's hope this works! At least now I'm done with school and have lots of free time to work out when I feel like it

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Still going to keep working hard on lowering body fat %. I swear six pack abs is the hardest thing to achieve on earth, if you aren't graced with a laughable metabolism that auto gives them to you. (which some of my friends have, so it's true, they eat pure **** food and have abs. Hurts my brain.)

Argh. And the journey continues.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Still going to keep working hard on lowering body fat %. I swear six pack abs is the hardest thing to achieve on earth, if you aren't graced with a laughable metabolism that auto gives them to you. (which some of my friends have, so it's true, they eat pure **** food and have abs. Hurts my brain.)

Argh. And the journey continues.
Haha, I'm wishing you all the luck in the world! I'm just glad that I don't strive to have a sixpack :p One less thing to be frustrated about!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

I'll join in of course, but I wonder why these threads are labelled "xx challenge" but there's never any posted "challenge". I want to be challenged!
I think it started that way to mean a personal challenge.

·
Registered
238 Posts
OK, its a new month and a new chance. Last month I said I was going to lose 2 lbs a week.... I gained 1 pound in the month! Stupid stress eating! I'm going to go with a smaller goal so it feels more manageable. 1 lb per week or 4 for the month. I've gained 12 pounds since January! I can't keep on like this.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Starting weight (fully clothed) 213. Goal weight by June 30th is 209.
Goals: Track everything I eat on SparkPeople and stick to the recommended levels (eating less than 2150 calories per day). Exercise daily for at least 15 minutes and go to the gym at least once a week.
On SparkPeople this month I was challenged to think of some specific milestones I'd like to accomplish this month. So I'll Copy/Paste them into this thread too and I can have double the accountability.

Summer is a great time for getting outdoor and getting active. So my goals for the month:
In June I want to walk the Sunburst 5k.
In June I want to be able to walk 2 miles in 30 minutes (currently walking at a rate of 1.8 miles/30 minutes).
In June I want to bike 10 miles straight.
In June I want to find 50 Geocaches and explore 10 new parks.
In June I want to go canoeing and/or kayaking.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Can lacto-ovo vegetarians join in too? I'd like some accountability since this month is going to be a crazy month - my brother is coming to visit (and he LOVES to eat out) for 10 days and I'm going on a trip to Germany with my folks and aunt for a week on the 20th.

I don't have a weight goal (I don't weigh myself at this point because I have SO much to lose!) but I have other goals:

Food: Focus on more veggies, fruits, and legume and some healthy fats, and less focus on processed grains (i.e., bread, etc) and sweets (my downfall)
NO CHOCOLATE!!! :-D
Drink lots of water
Exercise 5 days a week - 30 minute walk/firm DVDs with Leslie Sansome in the morning, a 50 minute walk in the evening
Avoid temptation!

I was actually very proud of myself today. I went into Tel Aviv today with my folks and my dad (who is also a huge restaurant lover and has the belly and health issues to prove it!) was all set for us to go out to a Chinese restaurant after a meeting I had. I asked that we don't go because it was too early (for me) to eat. My parents got falafel in the end (wrapped up in a huge flat pita made from white flour) and ate it in the car and I resisted joining in to have a wonderful lunch back at home (sauted zucchini and tomatoes from the farmer's market and veggie chili, which is delicious but too spicy - gotta watch the cayenne next time). Normally, I would not have resisted temptation and would have looked forward to the Chinese restaurant or wouldn't have refused the falafel. I didn't feel like I was depriving myself either since I knew I had a good meal waiting for me at home :).

Tam

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can I join in? I have been desperately needing to get back into shape! Ever since I started working from home, it seems I've been eating mostly crap and just sitting in front of the computer all day. On any given day I weigh between 119.5 lbs and 121 lbs. I'm just shy of 5', so I would love to go back to being around 112 like I was a few months ago. But more importantly I need to start eating healthier and exercising to get fit. Even thought it's still a ways away I need to look good for my wedding. My Goal will be to eat at least 5 veggies a day, cut back on carbs some, and excercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. Hoping to lose 4 lbs by the end of the month.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts