VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in juicing, and possibly buying my own juicer; however, they are so expensive...and I would like to make sure its something I really want before I make the purchase.

Have any of you had any good/bad luck with making your own juices from a juicer?

I'm tryin to gain weight and as much as I love all sorts of veggies its hard to get all that bulk in along with the rest of my meal plan...I was thinking juicing might make it easier and what not.

Any thoughts?

Are there any good juicers that are relatively cheap out there?!?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don't both with the electric ones. Get a $4 plastic one from a grocery store somewhere. It works best, is easy to use, easy to clean, gives you more control over your juice selection, and only has 1 part: the dome! (Some have 2 and come with a big cup to place the juice in).

Also, hand-juicing will burn about 2 to 3 calories per minute.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Hello! You can only get so much juice out of a hand juicer. I'm actually looking for an affordable juicer right now. My sister in law got me for Secret Santa and a juicer is the only thing I want
I've read excellent things about juicers here on the VB. Do a search and it should come up quickly

Check out amazon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Jack LaLanne juicer. I got it with a $25 gift card at Target, so it brought the price down to $75. It does waste alot of pulp, but it also makes some really tasty juice. I experiment and come up with some really good creations.

When I first got it, i juiced every day. Now i just do it a few times a week. But I'm trying to get back into it daily again.

My next juicer will be a centrifugal one, where it wastes less of the fruit or veggie.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I borrowed a juicer and it was weird... I think it's something I have to get used to. I juiced an apple and some baby carrots. Any special recipes I should try?

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Beets, carrots, celery, lemons, ginger is my favorite.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You think so? I have one, and my family has 2 more. We've tried others through the years and the LaLanne performed so much better and quieter than the others.

I got mine at Kohls with one of their 10% off coupons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

I have a Jack LaLanne juicer. I got it with a $25 gift card at Target, so it brought the price down to $75. It does waste alot of pulp, but it also makes some really tasty juice. I experiment and come up with some really good creations.

When I first got it, i juiced every day. Now i just do it a few times a week. But I'm trying to get back into it daily again.

My next juicer will be a centrifugal one, where it wastes less of the fruit or veggie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.