VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead guy use a juicer?(Sorry I cant remember his name right now)..anyway Im a "new vegetarian" and I want to use as much raw as possible and I love the idea of juicing ...Anyway I noticed some people talking about using a blender??

Anyway Im 'gung ho" to start so I was thinking of gettting a Jack Lalannes juicer today from Kohls..(Its 129.99 but I will get 15% off )..anyway thats not outrageous..anyone use that one and also isnt the point to get the juice?I mean if you use a blender its not just juice ..

HELP!!!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
"the point" would depend on your goals. if you have a health issue or digestive issues where you temporarily want to give your body enough calories but less fiber, then do juicing. if you want the fiber, then blend (or do a combo).

i personally would recommend green smoothies.

and i saw your other post re: protein and fat. juices and smoothies do have protein and fat, esp. if they're heavy on the green leafy vegetables.

make sure to get at least 2,000 calories/day, whatever you do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

"the point" would depend on your goals. if you have a health issue or digestive issues where you temporarily want to give your body enough calories but less fiber, then do juicing. if you want the fiber, then blend (or do a combo).

i personally would recommend green smoothies.

and i saw your other post re: protein and fat. juices and smoothies do have protein and fat, esp. if they're heavy on the green leafy vegetables.

make sure to get at least 2,000 calories/day, whatever you do.
Thats true...I guess my point is to get as much nutrients as I can probably like everyone else..but I like the idea of juicing..so maybe I will do both like you said..

Um..my health issues currently TBH Im not sure..I did have high blood pressure/high cholestrol(and the bad fat) over 250 and high iron...and I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids..that was back in December my biggest "problem" though was I drank way to much so I quit drinking all together thats been almost 10 months ..and I started eatign "better" then ..I have tested my blood pressure at the grocery store and no surporse its completely normal.From like 145/90 at the doctors to 115/60 everytime I check it ...

Im going to go back to the dcotor and now that I have stopped eating meat and dairy especially I would bet my bottom dollar my cholestrol is closer to normal and whatever was makign my iron high which is unusual for a female so Im sure it was alcohol related..in retrospect I wonder if I was in a moderate state of dehydratin when they tool the bloodwork..

Anyway sorry to go on adn on but Iguess I "like" the idea of drinking the vitamins that are in the fruit and getting the immediate absorbtion..I think I have my fiber needs met Im eatign lots of beans and whole grain and nuts and not as much but "some" whole fruit and veggies everyday..and I definately dont need to lose weight..thats NOT one of my problems Im only 105 lbs and I think I have lost a couple since cutting out cheese and meat which I ate a lot of..

Thanks for the advice ...!

Dallas

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just for FYI, my Dad is a big juicer and he manages his health by blending/juicing. He knows way more than anyone I know about juicing. If he has some issue he wants to fix he uses specific plants. He uses things like, ginger, garlic, kale, and so forth along with fruits and veggies. You can do some reading on this to manage whatever the issue is like, cholesterol or high blood pressure. I will say this, with some of those blends you better not wander too far from the water closet.

My Dad blends more than he juices. Way more. He likes the fiber in the blended versions. But, when he's making a juice that contains real strong ingredients he uses the juicer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
jUICING is not a problem if you like it but I would advice that you go for a blender. You will increase your intake of fibre when you blend, this is vital for your system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubesiagosa32 View Post

jUICING is not a problem if you like it but I would advice that you go for a blender. You will increase your intake of fibre when you blend, this is vital for your system.
I agree about the fiber but my husband doesn't like it. He swears by his juicer and uses it every morning. Kale, cucumber, carrots, spinach, celery you name it. And it does leave a bit of fiber, but not too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.