VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good way to juice greens, like spinach and kale? Everytime I do it, they kind of blow away into the juicer and I don't get much juice out of it. Should I use the stems to tie up a bundle of the leaves and then place it into the juicer?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
You could try juicing them with something like carrots. Maybe wrap some leaves around a carrot and put them through that way.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I personally wouldn't use spinach, but kale is great and romaine. juice it with carrots (my least favorite) or tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, parsley, lemon. You can even make a sweet one with apples!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Or you could put them in a blender with water but then you'd have the pulp in there. That's ok though fiber is good

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewski View Post

Roll your leafy veggies into a ball before juicing and alternate with hard veggies.
^This is the best way I've found, though I haven't tried to juice wheatgrass or sprouts yet. My favorites are straight carrot juice or a combo of kale, spinach, green apple, and parsley: absolutely delicious, so good for you, and very energizing! "When you are green inside, you're clean inside." -The Complete Book of Juicing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts