VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a juicer to make green juices etc, but can not afford a vita-mix
What other juicers would you recommend?

I have one but it has so many bits and PITA to clean!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carley View Post

I want to buy a juicer to make green juices etc, but can not afford a vita-mix
What other juicers would you recommend?

I have one but it has so many bits and PITA to clean!!!
I'm looking to buy one too (I love you, tax refund!)

Come on people, help us out!

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I have the jack lalanne, works fine. I was thinking about the vita-mix, but Canadian Tire had the lalanne one on sale.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Carley,
I got a Compact Juicer last year: http://www.tohealth.com.au/compact_juicer.html
I absolutely adore it, its a cold press juicer which is better than normal ones because it keeps the enzymes from the fruits. and you can use it for other things like: frozen deserts, nut butters, etc.
I did a lot of research at the time and I loved the Angel Juicer but its very expensive and the Compact was more accesible in price.
Hope this helps. There are a few videos on the website which show you how it works.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
For green drinks you really only need a blender. Juicers are good, especially if you get bulk veggies and need to use them up, but I agree with the other poster that they are a pain in the rear to clean and you also have to figure out something to use the leftover pulp for (wasteful to throw it out). The pulp is good for some things, but I ended up with too much to use and filled freezer too...

Sold the juicer and now I just use a blender for green drinks and smoothies. You get the added benefit of the fiber that is extracted in juicing (pulp).

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
have you considered a refurbished vitamix or one of the older models on Ebay? just wondering. they would be more accessible in the money dept.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
ninja just put out a new full size blender that looks like it could challenge the vitamix. it's about $100.00 at walmart. if i hadn't bought a blendtec, i'd give that a shot. if you're not happy, return it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts