VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on quite a few interviews these past few months all resulting in the same thing, we will get in touch with you if we decide to go with you, then nothing. I am so frustrated. I normally would have a job at this point with how many I so have had both phone and in person. I know there is quite a few applicants after the same position but it is still frustrating. I get so nervous and can not come up with the answers to the interview questions. Are there general answers I should memorize? How should I not show my desperation for a job? Any other tips. Please.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
SB - have you tried googling on "interview skills" or "guestions usually asked during interviews"? Do you have an employment commission near you that might offer workshops or have hand-outs on interview skills? Do you have references from the last places you worked? I'm sorry you are having problems. I'm sure you're just in a bad cycle of self-doubt and frustration. I know you have a great sense of humor and are very dedicated, so when someone does hire you, s/he will be very lucky to get someone with your work ethic.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I have an acquaintance here in the UK who is having this problem. She's fantastic at her job, she's just a sucky interviewee. I'm sorry you're struggling.

Definitely try Googling as suggested, and yes plan some answers in advance. Many interviewers will ask things like:

"What is one of your greatest strengths, and how do you see that helping you in your position here at XYZ company?"
or conversely,
"Tell me about one of your weaknesses and how you work to overcome this."

"Why do you want this job?" "What (professional) plans do you have for yourself in the future?" "How do you handle conflict with coworkers?" = all common. I'm sure there are some routine questions specific to hairdressing too, but I'm not sure what they would be. Maybe something about rude customers or what you do when someone doesn't know what they want in the way of styling, etc.

You can do it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts