VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr! This is driving me insane!

Anyway, on to the problem, and hopefully a solution will follow.

I graduated High School early this year, for I had enough credits to do so. My older brother was attending college, and he seemed to like it so much that despite my hatred of High school, I went ahead and enrolled. Well, I quickly found out that college was not the best choice for me. I know that it would probably make my future easier for me, but I was very unhappy in the short time I was there, despite all that I tried in order to put a smile upon my face. I enjoyed the sociability, but it just was not "my cup of tea".

So, I formally withdrew. Now, however, I have a full day of nothing to do, and it is driving me nuts! I live in a small town, and I have having a tough time finding a job that will actually be future-compatible (aka: A job that fairly pays). Fast food is out of the question. I don't even want to go near that! ... Not nearly a secure job.

I applied at Best Buy, but they are not currently hiring. I have yet to apply at other large retail stores, but I expect Target to be next. My other brother - the one not in college - recommended his factory, but I honestly would die in a factory environment. He said the people there are incredibly harsh if you make any mistakes at all.

So... I am on a hunt! Anyone know of some good jobs I can look into that do not require a College degree?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I am in your shoes. Have you considered college online?

I'm attempting that this summer. Any entry-level job with opportunity to move up in a company is good place to start. Look for a job search website for your state or check your local paper online ... you can usually find Classifieds job listings right on their website.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Where I live, it's fairly easy to get jobs in factories. That's where I would look if I wanted a lifelong job with good pay. You usually can't move up into supervisor positions without a degree, though.

It also might be worth it to learn a trade. You could go to vocational school for less time than you would have spent in college, or apprentice yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts