VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here enjoy making jewelry? I've recently started playing with making earrings using glass beads and was surprised at how enjoyable it could be! I'm not very good at it yet, but I have picked up a few books and am working on it. I'm hoping to try doing bracelets and necklaces later on.

Here's my favorite pair of earrings that I've done so far:

What kind of jewelry do ya'll make?

·
Registered
211 Posts
They are really nice
I have been designing and making jewellery for over ten years now and run my own business. I make all sorts of things including gay and bisexual pride jewellery, bracelets, earrings, keyrings and also pendulums. If anyone wanted to take a look at my work I have a fan page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/elderberryarts

This is a bag charm/keyring I made last week. The beads are Hematite
LL

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your jewelry looks awesome! Are there any books or websites you would recommend for bracelet making?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't really use any set websites anymore, if I'm looking for ideas I normally just google jewellery making or bracelet tutorial or similar. There is http://www.jewelrylessons.com/tutorials/all which is a really good site I do use and write for. You can download the tutorials in PDF files. Some you have to pay for but there are also free ones from very basic to very advanced techniques. I also sometimes buy jewellery making magazines. Bead and button is good but there are many others, bead, Making jewellery, Creative jewellery, Bead Style, Beads and beyond. Creative jewellery and Bead and button are american but not sure about the others. Bead is an english magazine. http://www.wigjig.com/ is also quite a good site with loads and loads of tutorials on. Hope that's some help

·
Registered
211 Posts
There are also sometimes tutorials on utube and there is another similar website full of craft videos but I can't remember the name of it sorry

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just finished these this morning. The wrapping at the top is pretty sloppy, but I'm still learning that part.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to update the thread with a picture of some that I just finished.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I make jewellery! I used to (well, I technically still do) have a shop on Etsy. It's quite a therapeutic hobby
I haven't had the time to make any new pieces though since coming to university. I live in Manchester and in Affleck's Palace, there's this amazing bead shop. Once I get properly settled into my course, I know where I'll be buying my supplies!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do any of you guys sell your jewellery? How do you find your success? I think it will be hard when people can go to the highstreet and get something cheap, but hopefully people on Etsy are looking for something unique.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbk101 View Post

Do any of you guys sell your jewellery? How do you find your success? I think it will be hard when people can go to the highstreet and get something cheap, but hopefully people on Etsy are looking for something unique.
I've never really tried selling anything yet, but I have made jewelry as gifts for people.

Speaking of gifts, my cousin's wife made this bookmark for me as a present. I'm a huge bookworm, so I always enjoy getting things like this.

I'm loving the colors!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi there,

I have been making and selling jewelry for a few years now. I love it. It is my stressbuster. I've been away from it for a few months because we recently moved and I haven't set up my new office/studio yet. I'm trying to cram a 2500 SF. house into a 1100 SF. condo and it's not easy. Anyway, I have a store on Etsy: www.laurazoulekdesigns.etsy.com , but I haven't added anything new for quite awhile. I'm really happy to see this thread, though.

Laura

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The jewelry you have on your Etsy store looks beautiful!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thank you so much. That's a lot of my old stuff, too. I've gotten way more advanced. I need to get my shop up and running again soon and post some more so i can sell more. Your stuff is really pretty, too. Keep up the good work. It gets easier and you'll get better and more advanced as you go along. PM me anytime if you have any questions or we can just keep this thread going.

Laura

1 - 20 of 40 Posts