VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was my company's Christmas Party (I work at a restaurant). I stuck around until close to the end so I could hear who they named Employee of the Year. We had a runner up (the best cook and employee we have, Joel) and the winner turned out to be someone I've had many problems with. For absolutely no reason, this guy is VERY mean to me, he's injured me before on purpose and he's only a good worker when he tries (which is rare). I've complained to the manager 6+ times about him and threatened to call the corporate office (or immigration) and complain. They've talked to him before, he changes for a few days, and then goes back to being a dick. I have done NOTHING to him and have always been nice (so I can't be blamed in any way for his behavior). He talks behind my back A LOT (in spanish) and half of the time, he yells at me to run food out to a table (i'm a waitress) and it's missing an item of two!

How should I go about this? Talk to the manager? The managers actually chose him. Even the day before the party, my coworkers and I were making jokes on who would get it (naming bad workers) and he was the main one we talked about. I'm not the only one who has problems with this guy.

I was going to e-mail our corporate office and ask them why someone who is verbally and physically abusive to other employees is Employee of the Year.

I'm not a sore loser or anything (I wanted Joel to win), but of all people, why him? He was given $500 plus tons of other benefits.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Before doing anything official-like, I would want to find out why the managers seem to like him so well. If they're just in the dark about his bad behavior, that would be one thing - but if there's some friendship, family connection, etc., then it's different.

I think in most businesses, going over your manager's head won't help - whoever you write to will tell you to talk to your manager.

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's really messed up. I agree that going right over your boss's head to corperate isn't the best thing to do. I think that could piss them off more. Maybe talk to them about why they would ever pick someone so abusive? He deserves to get FIRED not REWARDED.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts