VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some new ideas for rice. I love to use cooked brown rice because it is so versatile. I usually mix in whatever veggies I have, beans, some garlic and Earth Balance, but it's getting pretty boring. I am not very well educated in the seasoning department. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
590 Posts
ohh my favorite thing in the world

make up some fresh tomato sauce.. slice up tomato's into a frying pan, mash them up, cook for like an hour, add tomato paste and spices.

add the brown rice to the sauce with some fried onions and tofu.

sprinkle some vegan cheese on top and VOI-LA

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lunch today: Assorted mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, white) lightly steamed w/ onion, garlic, fresh ginger, crushed red pepper, and Asian seasoning; add extra firm tofu marinated in teriyaki sauce (along w/ remaining marinade) and spinach; heat through. Stir in pre-cooked rice (I used sprouted brown rice mixed w/ barley) and let the mix sit just long enough for the rice to soak up the juices. Delicious!

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Chop up some Kale and start to wilt it in Olive Oil and as much chopped Garlic as you like. When it's about half cooked, dump a can of diced tomatoes over it (size of can depends on amt of kale) and a drained can of chickpeas. Cook until the Kale is tender and the tomatoes are hot. Serve over rice. Bliss out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had brown rice with chunks of winter squash, cranberries, and toasted pecans at a restaurant once.. it was amazing. I'm not sure what spices were used but I imagine anything even close would be really yummy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I usually cook it in organic vegetable broth, with a bit of black and cayenne pepper. Then I have it with different veggies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For my breakfast I cook short grain (always short grain!) in garam masala or all spice with ****take mushrooms.

I do it porridge style - ie cook for about an hour in a tonne of water. Then crack an egg in right at the end and sometimes add wakame.

Lush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts