VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life's barely begun and yet I'm fighting off death and its indiscriminate lasso already. Last night and this morning I've found blood in my stools: quite unambiguously blood. Although I'm a cold, hard cynic who frowns and spits upon superstition or its sisters, I've recently had this underlying belief that my digestive system has had something the matter - this despite no pains or problems. Then last night, i unexpectedly got the confirmation; they say that the gut and brain are very closely linked and talk to each other almost constantly...it seems they were right. I know that it's not something minor; i can feel that it's aggressive and is ready to throw me into the eternal nothing. Anyway, I'm only the tragically young age of 21 and now I am a was.

Can anyone assuage my crippling fear perhaps - has this happened to anyone else? Is there a chance that I'm NOT living through the beginning of the premature end? Any help or comfort would be appreciated immensely.

I've an appointment with the doctors tomorrow by the way, i was unable to get one today.

Thanks

Wit-and-Wisdom/Rattleprattle

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Im sorry if this sounds rude...but you havent been to the Doctors and are you self diagnosing?
Its never a good idea.
You will make yourself ill worrying!

Try and stay clam till youve seen someone. Theres not really anything that will make it better till youve seen a professional.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Well, if you see red blood then it's more likely just a hemmeroid or similar.
Internal bleeding appears as black stool, not red blood.
Call a doctor and see what's up though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My stool now appears to be black (and brown). I've just moved to this city and have no idea how to go about getting a doctor at this time of night. All surgeries are closed

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Have you tried looking for a walk in clinic in your area. Just google it and see what comes up for your area.
Walk in Clinics tend to have longer hours.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
You have an apointment tomorrow. The only thing you can do is try and keep your mind occupied this evening and get some rest.
Not brilliant advice Im afraid

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
It would be extremely rare for blood in the stool to signify anything deadly in someone your age. Try not to worry, your appointment tomorrow will be soon enough with the symptoms you describe. The tests they may order, however, are not fun :/

I'm a nurse btw. Try to relax, I am sure you have a long, wonderful life ahead of you.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Any chance you've eaten beets recently?

Have you been constipated or forced any recent bowel movements?

I agree with the others that most likely it's not serious and just hemorrhiods or fissures. I had an ex who reacted very similar when the same thing happened to him. He assumed the worst and called up all his friends and family crying hysterically assuming this was the end. The next morning the doctor examed him and diagnosed him with hemorrhoids.

Try not to stress and worry over it. Keep yourself busy to get your mind off of obsessing over it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just a feeling that it's serious, i can almost feel it. Nonetheless, i'm gonna make some sweet potato chips and watch a film to take my mind off it. Hopefully tomorrow brings news of relief at the least. I'll keep everyone posted and thank you for all your input.

For now

T'ra

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Indeed, try to relax until tomorrow! Worrying will get you nowhere & will be of no help. Good luck for tomorrow, I hope everything is fine and dandy.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Dude. No doubt. Go to the doctor. Blood in the stool will warrant some further investigation, an exam for starters.

Also...positive thinking helps you stay well!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wit-and-Wisdom View Post

I've just a feeling that it's serious, i can almost feel it. Nonetheless, i'm gonna make some sweet potato chips and watch a film to take my mind off it. Hopefully tomorrow brings news of relief at the least. I'll keep everyone posted and thank you for all your input.

For now

T'ra
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck tomorrow and remember to remain calm and breathe!!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Yes, it sounds like it's time to do a little poo-poo in the pot and get tested.

*Kicks the smiths jukebox into action* "His stools are black on the outside cos black is how he feels on the inside".

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Are you taking decongestants? Really high doses make me bleed out the ass (and nose) See the walk in clinic as soon as you can.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
^^^^Girlfriend, where have you been?????!!!!! I"ve missed you not being on here, and I was really glad to see your name on the last post on here.....Stick around! How are you anyway?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Couldn't the same be said for your post?

<<wonders if W&W has been to see the doc yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts