VeggieBoards banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I must try. I do already use it in my hair every now and then as a deep conditioner.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I use a mix of castor oil, extra-virgin olive oil, and argan oil as a face cleanser. Works better than anything else I have ever used and effective at removing grime/dirt/makeup.
I think the castor oil is known to help aid in the removeable of the dirt or to get more of a "lather/stickiness."

I have fine hair and so I don't use oil on it normally unless as a treatment but I eat plenty of avocadoes and greens.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
p.s., i use nonfiltered organic extra-virgin.
are you using regular olive oil? because when you said "cheap," i thought not necessarily, but still cheaper than commercial products and especially the $20-40 bottles of organic/vegan/natural face cleansers I have bought.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

p.s., i use nonfiltered organic extra-virgin.
are you using regular olive oil? because when you said "cheap," i thought not necessarily, but still cheaper than commercial products and especially the $20-40 bottles of organic/vegan/natural face cleansers I have bought.
I really just use extra virgin olive oil that I get from Publix. I don't spring for high priced, just as long as its extra virgin. I should maybe consider it since I'm putting it on my skin, but I eat it. Daily. I actually got my last $6.99 bottle of evoo half price plus a dollar off coupon. So $2.50.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

nice deal.
I sound like one of those obsessed Extreme Couponers. Lol

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Sometimes after my shower, I will soak in a tub of water with a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil in it, being careful to keep my hair and face out of the oily water. It's easier than putting lotion on all over and it keeps my skin soft for several days. Makes my tub slippery as hell, though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've also been reading about essential oils, and vanilla, lavender, and sandlewood are all great for your skin, too. And smell yummy. So what do u think about adding one or more of them to the evoo?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentlytread View Post

I sound like one of those obsessed Extreme Couponers. Lol
teehee! is that a TV show? i want to see it, if so. lol!!

i have put jasmine oil in a bath and also in a sugar scrub for my feet. smells very nice! i also add rosewater to the bath scrub.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have homemade vegan, sandalwood, olive oil soap I bought from a lady at a craft fest. It is nice.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I tried olive oil on my face today. It felt really nice.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

I tried olive oil on my face today. It felt really nice.
glad you liked it!

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Over the holidays, I was having some terrible stress breakouts and decided to see my doc about it because they were leaving nasty scars. D: She gave me some cream that dried my skin so much, it started to flake, crack and bleed. Had to go down to using it once every other day rather than twice per day, even with lotion, and so my skin was breaking out between applications.

Started moisturizing with olive oil on a cotton ball and it moisturizes my skin so well that I'm now able to use the cream twice per day. It's not causing anymore breakouts either and my skin is finally mostly cleared up. Thanks so much for the tip! Hopefully in another month or so, I won't need the topical cream anymore and will be back to normal! I may continue using the olive oil though. :3 It's very nice.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts