VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally, I was supposed to host my neighborhood Bunko group tonight (I guess this confession reveals my true identity: I'm not really the super-cool urban activist many of you probably expected, I'm actually more of a middle-aged suburbanite!
). Anyway, we need a minimum of 12 people to play, and ideally 16. But seems like a lot of us have lives in transition right now and I could only get 9 women to commit to come tonight. So I axed the idea of playing Bunko and decided to host a "Vegan Diner" themed dinner party instead.

Yikes! What was I thinking?
All of these friends know I'm vegan, of course, but I've never actually made them a full meal. So I'm having Gardein Buffalo Chicken wings for an appetizer, with celery and ranch dressing. For dinner I'm making Reubens and Tuna Melt sandwiches with BLT salad, dill pickle spears and potato chips on the side. Dessert is Chocolate Mousse. Root Beer and Beer will be the main beverages, but I will also have wine and coffee, and I'm going to play 50's music. I've thrown all of this together since yesterday, so please wish me luck! And keep your fingers crossed that I can grill five Reubens and broil 5 tuna melts at the same time without burning any!!!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Can I come?

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last night went really well.
Everyone loved the food! Here are some pictures.

These are the Gardein chick*n wings. They were well-liked, and very spicy. I made ranch dip to go with the wings and celery.

Attachment 17108
LL

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Recipes to come later... I promise. Seriously, the mousse is the best thing ever.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Very impressive! Well done! The food looks like something I would approve of!
I have no idea what Bunko is, but surely this was a good substitute.

Oh, and I dream of a neat little house of our own in suburbia ....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.