VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only person who is wondering why there is a Christmas/Silly Season forum in early October? Good Lord! Even the shops have only just started revving up for Christmas yet we have a whole forum dedicated to the Christmas season already?

Seriously though, why does Christmas start earlier and earlier each year? When did Christmas stop lasting 12 days (according to carols anyway) and start lasting 3 months? Do you think we will get to the stage where there is one long, constant holiday? The "Christmas-New-Year's-Easter-buy-buy-buy fest?" That one day there will be 300 days of solid silly season holidays and a few days of extra-special non-holiday days?

Another serious question - how long ahead to you plan for these things? People at work have already planned there Christmasses!! I put off the planning till the last possible minute. A week or so before hand is enough for me. More than enough!

And finally, have you noticed that the people who put the most hoo-ha into it all seem to be the least religious? The few geniunely devoutly religious Christians I know never seem to make a big fuss over Christmas. It's very important to them, yes, but it seems to be a spiritual affair rather than a chance to flash the cash.

Oh.. and finally, finally with a P.S. (and totally off-topic), is anyone doing anything for Friday the 13th?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Most of the threads so far seem to be about October holidays (Halloween & CA Thanksgiving)

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are bringing cool, clear logic into my illogical, biased, Scrooge-like rant, IamJen.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I took "Tis the Season" to mean seasonal forums. Talk about Valentine's Day in February, Canada Day/Independence Day in July, Thanksgiving/Halloween in October, etc.

But I agree, I don't like seeing Christmas stuff too early either. I want at least Halloween over with before we start on that.

Edit: I was still typing when Kiz posted the second time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.